FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling Isolated

Belinda24
Community Member

I've had so much trouble registering onto this website that my anxiety is worse than usual.

Glad to have joined tho cos am SO isolated. Never see or talk to anyone. Go shopping once a week.

Was reasonably ok til I heard this quarantining could go on for MONTHS. 

3 Replies 3

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Belinda,

Welcome to the forums...

I am pleased that you persevered with joining the forums..well done..

Like you I don’t see nor talk people more then once weekly..(my mh support worker), now with this isolation it could turn into months..and it’s very daunting..

I pop into the forums and talk to the beautiful people on here..they are all a great help, and very caring...and it helps me with the isolation I have here and my anxiety causes me...

We have a thread called “Coping with the Coronavirus”..which has some very supportive posts as well as good suggestions to help us in isolation...It’s on the top of this thread..please feel free to join in the conversation if you feel up to...If you need to ask questions, someone will call in and give you some suggestions...

Please talk here any time you feel up to it...We are listening and here for you..

My Care, love and hugs, dear Belinda..

Grandy...

Hi Belinda24,

I'm really glad that you persevered and came on the website to post!

I feel you, this whole coronavirus situation is very isolating. Ggrand mentioned the 'coping with coronavirus' thread which may be helpful!

Do you have a self care plan? Like things you like to do to make yourself feel a little bit better or wind down?

We're here for you on the forums!

Lazlo
Community Member

Welcome to the forum Belinda. I'm new here myself, but you've come to a very supportive place.

I'd recommend checking out the social threads on the forum. They look like a great place to talk about your interests. Maybe they'll help distract you when things are feeling overwhelming. If there isn't a thread about what you want to talk about, make one.

You are among people who want to help you through this tough time.

Take care.

Adtian