FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Desperately sad

Jackyl
Community Member

Hello

First time here.

Don't know how to begin.

Hope someone is out there

4 Replies 4

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Jackyl, can I welcome you to the forums and thanks for posting your comment.

It's not easy to post your new thread because you're not sure of what type of reaction you may receive back, but please you don't have to worry, we have been through this ourselves, all you need to do is start slowly, in your own time.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

White_Rose
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Dear Jackyl

Welcome to the forum. You have taken the first and hardest step to talk to us. I hope you will continue.

Tell us why you posted. What's on your mind? We are here to chat about pretty much anything you like related to mental health, yours or others. Have you looked around the forum? You can get ideas of how to write, read threads that apply to you and join in conversations.

Remember to read the Community Rules by clicking on the red box above.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Mary

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Jackyl

I hope it helps to imagine the forum as like stepping into a caring friendly place where wonderful people, with great compassion, understand how difficult it can be to strike up a conversation. I see the lovely thoughtful Geoff has already introduced himself. I warmly welcome you too.

As Geoff mentioned '...start slowly, in your own time'. If it helps, I'll simply ask you what sort of day you're having. You can be honest here. What I mean is...typically if someone asks how our day's going, there's always that temptation to tell folk what they want to hear and say 'Oh, okay I guess'. Here, you can feel free to say 'It's not so good because...' It's up to you.

So, let me officially throw a conversation starter out there, 'How's your day going so far?'

Look forward to hearing from you, in your own time

Fraser_Jones
Community Member
Hey Jackyl, first time here for me as well. ...and feel exactly the same as you.