FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Confused how to deal with anxiety

Llewellyn_M
Community Member

Hi Guys,

ive only came to the conclusion that I’ve suffered with anxiety for maybe the last 5-7 years? I believe it’s got a lot to do with my family, mainly my sister.

she started out from an early age with an eating disorder, then onto uppers and Downers (prescribed by her doctor), a failed marriage because of her then addiction to prescription drugs, moving back in with my parents, becoming an alcoholic and ruining my parents lives.

I don’t live there anymore, I live quite a bit away and I just feel that I’m doing enough, can’t help enough and that my parents can’t deal with her and I feel that it’s up to me to try and fix it and don’t know where to turn? I’ve tried so many things to help her and she just won’t accept it. It ruins my day because I can’t stop thinking about it and I get so worked up and can’t concentrate on work or enjoying my life.

anyone got any tips???

1 Reply 1

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

Having an annoying even destructive relative in your life can take its toll on us. You have every right to your feelings on such matters.

You seem to be dwelling on issues also. I know what that is like and it wears you down.

Ok, let's talk about anxiety. The following threads may help. Just use search or google each of them and read the first post.

BeyondblueTopic anxiety, how I eliminated it

Beyondblue Topic who cries over spilt milk?

Beyondblue Topic fortress of survival

Beyondblue Topic fortress of survival part 2

Beyondblue Topic nip it in the bud- ideas

Beyondblue Topic seeking the origin of anxiety

Beyondblue Topic Meltdown back to basics

Maharaji Prem Rawat youtube sunset

I hope they help.

Repost anytime

TonyWK