FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Buddies & Monitoring

Improver
Community Member

I'm wondering if anyone might be able tp help me with some monitoring. My mind is in a strange state of flux and I'm aware I could go downhill as well as up.

I want someone's help to stay on a simple program that Ive agreed with them. I want someone who will schedule a call to me maybe once a week to discuss how its going and if the goal in mind is one that cam be reached. If it works we might really have something to say. I want to run this until end of Jun when I plan to begin a search for employment.

I know that my mind drifts. There is no direction in my life at all at the moment other than what I give it myself. I wander around the house, forgetting things, losing track of what I'm doing. As I go through this approach to addressing some types of anxiety it is driving others, which I hope to then bring down with routine and habit. At the same time I've received a payout and have maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity to address something. I don't want to wander off into obscurity.

Any help would be appreciated. I can bitch and moan, but I need an income, and I need to get healthy for that to happen. I want secure employment as best I can, with a good fit. Ive seen big change before. I was once a baker, I didn't get anywhere through a silver spoon. I know that I can transform but last time it took 5 years and real solid effort to be accepted into a different group so I could mix with them, there were exams to pass. I worked at night and studied in the day. I made my way up to something. Now Ive lost all that. This time I am taking all that learning and experience.

Can anyone out there help with 4 or 5 phone calls over a month and a schedule stuck on their fridge with my name on it?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Improver~

Welcome here to the Forum. I think I understand what you are saying, you need some external source to keep on track. Is that about right?

Obviously nobody here in the Forum could ring you, as this place is completely anonymous.

Have you thought about doing an on-line course of therapy in anxiety, or wahtever they say might be appropriate. Such organizations as Mindspot (https://mindspot.org.au/) will provide the course and assist you in keeping to a schedule. They even have human councilors you can elect to keep in contact with weekly.

This will certainly add structure to your life, and at the same time you may well benefit from the course.

What do you think?

Croix

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Improver,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your post.

Unfortunately we don't offer a place like that, as Croix has said that anonymity is a big priority for the forums.

Given that accountability sounds important to you, are there other ways that you can get it? Mindspot is definitely one option. Perhaps here could be another option, or even friends/family. Beyond Blue also have a phone line too. If you are seeing a psychologist sometimes they can allow for emails, which would also be another way of accountability.

I'm not sure if any of this is helpful. Rather than someone having your name on their fridge, perhaps you could have a person or organisation's name on your fridge.

jet816
Community Member
Hi Improver, good on you for deciding to make a change. I am very lucky that I reached out to my brothers partner a few months ago and we speak Tuesday and Thursday while she is on her way to work so I love your idea! Is there anyone maybe a friend or family member that you could ask? Another option is a DES provider. Yes I know some people will hate this suggestion! I used to work is the DES world and while some companies are purely focussed on money there are still lots who are about the customer (you) and what you need. They could do a plan with you that included weekly phone call and goal setting, they can help you with your resume and anything else you need to get you back to work. They then stay in touch for a least 6 months to be that support person to either chat about work or life or concerns that you might have.
I wish you the best of luck 🙂