FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

breaks my heart

les
Community Member

i have recently posted a few posts. it breaks my heart that i can only offer words to the many people out there who are hurting.

what else can i do ?  i have all the time in the world but i feel helpless that i can not do more to help people.   les

3 Replies 3

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Les, there are many people who just read the messages, that's fine, eventually they may jump on board when the time is right, and even by posting this comment of yours does also mean that you're there with us, so don't blame yourself.

There maybe one particular post that you can relate to, and I'm sure one will come up, today or down the track, but thanks for saying what you have. Geoff.

Neil_1
Community Member

Hi there Les

Mate, you’ve only just started here and yet you are coming on board and giving great responses and words of encouragement to others who are in need.  And yes, I know it’s all we can do – but believe when I say, this is GREAT thing to do. 

To respond to others who are in need. And more often than not, it IS words that can make a difference.  I know this because I’ve had so many responses back to me over my time on here stating just that.  And I tell you, when I receive responses back from people who are genuinely so pleased and comforted by the words that I wrote to them – it’s funny, because “words” then can’t describe the incredible feeling I get inside that just by my post, I made a difference to someone’s situation.

After all, this is about people’s lives – their own private hells that they are struggling to deal with – and I’ve been told a number of times that it meant so much to the person who I wrote to that I was there and responded to them – to reach out give them a kind of vicarious helping hand.

I won’t bang on more about that cause you should get the picture – that by offering words DOES make a difference. 

And as I’ve said to you just recently, man, you’ve lived.  You’ve seen, you’ve experienced so much and the value that you can contribute to this site will be immeasurable.

So stick with it my friend – you’re doing just great and I look forward to reading more replies/posts from you.

Cheers

Neil

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Gidday Les,

There is something humble about helping others with only words. Anonymous words even more so.  We will never know of the real impact of this, on a positive plain.

I've only been on here 5 weeks. It seems an eternity. I pick out the topics that I think I can help with and go for it. I remain positive at all costs and draw on life experiences like you have.

If this site doesnt fulfill enough then you might consider a local support group as well, one where you can be face to face with others in need.

You're doing well and I too look forward to reading your posts. All of these posts in answer to those in need are priceless...