FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

When do you admit yourself to hospital 😢

Drew1986
Community Member
Hi I’m 31 years old. Just signed up. First post. I don’t know where to start. I’ve had anxiety and depression since I was 15. I was diagnosed with ptsd at 19. I now have had an episode. Something I’ve never felt before – unwanted intrusive thoughts. I have since that event curling up in bed any chance I get, crying, sleeping, angry outbursts, no energy no want to talk or do anything. I haven’t found anything that brings me peace so to speak I’ve seen gps more than could even count. Seen 2 psychologists but felt it wasn’t for me. One physchatrist which I don’t even recall. I’m numb. I’ve had tragedy after tragedy and since that episode I feel I’ve begun crashing into the realisation I need help. Docs have upped my meds. I feel no better. Any suggestions or advice would be most welcome. Thanks
2 Replies 2

Bethie
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi

Welcome to BB. I've seen my husband suffer chronic PTSD military related and understand your frustration. We tried everything possible even acupuncture with no succes. The nightmares and flashbacks where the hardest. Finally totally out of options he is now on anti anxiety/anti depressants with a very small amount of natural herb at night.

For him and our family it's right but please check out forums on here about PTSD.

Keep posting to let us know how you are good or bad

Sophie_M
Hi Drew1986, welcome to the forums.

Have a look at this thread, it has an answer from our resident GP and counsellor Dr Kim that you may find helpful:

Voluntarily committing yourself to be an inpatient in hospital