FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

SSRI side effects.

nikkimee
Community Member

I have started taking an SSRI a few nights ago and I have had non stop nausea ever since.  I know that it will go away as my body is getting used to it.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to minimize the nausea?  This is also the first mental health medication that I have ever taken so it is all new to me.

Thanks

Nikki

3 Replies 3

Beetle
Community Member

HI

I had same problem

Try peppermint tea that eases it a bit. Sometimes they also work better before food or with food and no nausea. depending if its a delayed release capsule or not. Try to play around with it a bit. It will get better.

Beetle

jennyr
Community Member
My mother is too experiencing nausea from the medication that she has had. We keep telling mum that the nausea should ease over time and one her body has gotten used to it. I was wondering if a month later your nausea has eased or gone?

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
dear Nikkimee, I used to hate the nausea feeling and when I had it I went back to the doctor who can give you an anti-nausea injection, or give you a script for medications which is to combat this ever increasing problem. Geoff.