FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

NewAccess: a new beyondblue service supporting you to tackle day-to-day pressures

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
NewAccess is a new beyondblue program that is a free and confidential service to support you to tackle day-to-day pressures. A specially trained and experienced Access Coach supports you in setting practical goals to get you back on track. The program includes up to six free sessions. These can take place over the phone or face-to-face.

This service could be right for you if any of the following life events are causing you to feel sad, moody, angry or unable to concentrate or sleep:

•    Work stress or uncertainty
•    Change in living arrangements
•    ‘New parent’ worries
•    Family and relationship problems
•    Death, loss or illness of a loved one
•    Health concerns or uncertainty
•    Long-term isolation or loneliness
•    Financial worries or instability

The service is available to residents in the Medicare Local areas of Canberra, North Coast NSW and Central Adelaide and Hills.

It is easy to access the program: you can make an appointment by calling the NewAccess team directly or by sending an email.

Click here to find out more and book an appointment now.
4 Replies 4

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Christopher, this is a great service, and boy how Beyond Blue has changed so much and seems to be gaining momentum, all for the better.

Can you please give us an indication for those who are not in these areas. Geoff.

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Chris,

This is a great service.

Would this service be available to Victorians any time soon?

Jo

cancerianmoon
Community Member

Hi Chris,

When I read your post I thought: "Wow, this could help me....!"  Then I saw the regions is covers...living in rural central Victoria am wondering if this service will be extended.  I totally understand there are timelines with any new concept and congratulate BB on the fantastic work done.

Love your work, with sincere thanks

Cancerianmoon

Chris_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all, I have checked in with the team running the NewAccess program, hopefully the answer below should give you an idea of how the rollout is progressing:

Currently NewAccess services are only available to residents in the Medicare Local areas of Canberra, North Coast NSW and Central Adelaide and Hills. Having said that, the program may take in people who work in, or who live near the Medicare Local area. The Access Coaches can discuss options depending on your circumstances.

The program is being trialled in the three different states. With the Canberra demonstration having opened on the 8 October 2013, and the other two demonstrations opening on the 24 February 2014, it is running until the end of 2015. The demonstrations will be subject to full external evaluation by Ernst & Young from day one. The evaluation will aim to determine its effectiveness and overall feasibility for a national roll-out. We are hopeful that by trialling this program we will be able to expand and provide a broader National service.

You are more than welcome to contact us to discuss further – please follow this link for contact details.