FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Never ending binge eating

Sweetdreams
Community Member

I've lost the plot and can't control my eating. I've always struggled with food, but never have been overweight as I've always been able to stay committed and a binge sesh has only every lasted a day or 2 before getting back on track. But since started meds about 8 months ago I've gained a whopping 30 kg. and have spiralled into more self hate and emotional eating.  Bingeing most days.

Please help me- I don't know where to turn? Has anyone had similar problems and overcame them?

thanks.

1 Reply 1

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

hello, this antidepressant you are taking has many common side effects  that include drowsiness, dizziness, insomnia, nausea, weight changes, and decreased sex drive.

I would go back to your doctor or psychiatrist and tell them that maybe you should change this medication to one that won't affect your weight.

There are plenty of different antidepressants on the market, and I'm sure that these professionals have their own favorite ones, and this depends on many factors. Geoff.