FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Is it possible to have two therapist covered using the same mental health care plan

Alev1938
Community Member

Hey,

Does anyone know if it is possible to have two therapists be covered under the same mental health care plan ?

5 Replies 5

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey Alev1938,

Thank you for your post. I'm not entirely sure, but this sounds like something that your GP may be able to answer.

I hope this helps! SB

Beeee
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Alev1938,

I have seen 2 different psychologists with the same plan (not at the same time though!) But please do check with your GP first as our situations might be different.

Beeee

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Alev1938,

Thanks for your question!

So your MHCP can be for one psychologist only, but you can switch the MHCP if you like to a different psychologist.  The best way to explain it would be like points- so you can have 10 points with one, and 10 points with a different one.

Hope that helps,

rt

I'm in the same boat. I am seeing my regular psychologist but need 4 sessions with someone else for an assessment, then I go back to my regular psychologist. My doctor wrote a referral but the psychologist thinks the mental health plan needs to be put in the new psychologists name otherwise I might not get the rebate. Then I imagine I'd have to go back and get it put in my normal psychologists name. Is that how it works?

Cheers

Bob_22
Community Member

Hi Alev1938 and Josh3185,

Great question. Best to ask the GP who wrote the original referral but my best guess is you will need two separate mental health care plans. I say this just because my MHTP includes the psychologist being referred to as well as their contact details. Hope that helps.

Bob