FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Experience with SSRI

Bluey_moon
Community Member

Hi, 

Has anyone ever experienced forgetfulness and a kinda brain fog, and thoughts kinda vanishing away, like train of thought! 

Does that make sense? Maybe it's my thoughts starting to slow down, which isn't a bad thing?!

skye

3 Replies 3

PatT
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey blueymoon,

Yeah I've felt that quite often since I started on SSRIs - it's a pretty common side effect, especially when you're increasing or decreasing dosages. It can be quite annoying at times but in my eyes it's preferable to what I'm like when I'm off them. Try some mindfulness/meditation practices. Look up some videos on youtube, sit quietly and focus on the spoken words. Meditation is pretty much thinking about nothing but it's really helped me improve my focus and memory.

Bluey_moon
Community Member
Thank you Pat, I would rather be on them too! 

Hey Skye,

I'm on an SSRI and with this latest relapse of my symptoms I have noticed a bit of brain fog. I basically feel dumber and more forgetful. I feel like I can't spell right now!

I was kind of worried about it, but I spoke to my GP the other day and brain fog is a common side effect of anxiety itself too.
I've actually noticed it getting better as I'm improving.