FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Encounter with Dangerous Person

Ramblify
Community Member

Hi, Im not sure this is the right place to post for support. I think I've encountered someone who Is a manipulator and it has left me very traumatised. Before people start pulling out the mental health stigmatisim on me please understand I dont believe all people with mental health issues or depression are 'bad' people. I ran as quick as I could from my job.

This person even though I wasn't hired in the role to be their subordinate, took it on themselves to position me in such a way, that they we giving me directions on exactly how they wanted things done (my role was a support role), but they were getting me to do all the hard work. It happened in a fairly sneaky way. They also cut all group connections and ties so I could only deal directly with them. I felt manipulated and trapped. I didn't stay there long and when I notified this person that my replacement would be coming they weren't happy. I dont think this person should be allowed to work with anyone. I feel theyre a dangerous person.

2 Replies 2

HappyHelper88
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey there thank you for your post and welcome,

This is a great place to post there is always support here on the forums, I'm sorry you have been traumatised and that you went through that
It sounds like a tough situation, did you have anyone superior that you could reach out to about this? Also have you spoken to someone about what you went through such as a close family member or friend?

If not then I think it could be beneficial to talk to someone about what happened, If you would like to talk to someone, the Beyond Blue Support Service is available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport 
I hope this helps

livi_mivi
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Ramblify,

Thank you for sharing your experiences on the forum and I'm sorry to hear you had to endure in an environment in which you felt uncomfortable and unhappy.

Is there perhaps somebody else within the company that you could reach out to? There may be policies put into place that protect its' employees from certain types of behaviour displayed by individuals in the workplace. If you feel as though their behaviour is concerning it could be helpful to get in touch with someone that can look further into that.

I wish you well and hope that you do not have to experience any situations like this in the workplace in future 🙂