FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Would you and how to tell your GP you self harm?

LJpd81
Community Member

Recently I have been self harming. Im not sure if I'm allowed to say how though. Should I tell my doctor? And if I do , how do I tell her? She is quite approachable and lovely. The idea of telling her that I S/H, fills me with so much anxiety! How do I blurt that out? What would she do? I already am booked for 6 psychologist appointments and I have written it down as one of my reasons for attending. Any advice please?

Thanks very much.

210 Replies 210

LJpd81
Community Member

I love it at the Hunter Valley Gardens. Beautiful.

I'm good actually. Been feeling a lot more like my happier self and positive.

I had to get another covid test on Friday. It was negative. I had more days of work.

I'm finally back on Friday. Then I'm on annual leave for 2.5 weeks. I've just had 4 weeks off. I've planned that we'll lol.

How are you Harpbird? Hope you're doing well.

Harpbird
Community Member

Whoo hoo holiday for you lol . So glad you feeling good. Enjoy it , you deserve some happiness. I am doing ok. Had my osteopath appointment yesterday, he tried so hard to unlock my upper back . I told him last Friday the pain woke me at 4 am and was like I was having a heart attack. Was really scary. But I knew it was my upper back, but it was the first time it wrapped around both sides of my ribs . He tried so many deferent techniques to release the trapped nerves. Though He was happy I hadn’t ‘S H’ seeing I’d been in so much pain. He asked when my next psychologist appointment was. I told him it was the day before but I canceled it as it was a Telehealth appointment. He disagrees with the Telehealth as I was only one of two in the huge room and was more than enough social distancing. He told me to ring him if I can’t handle my pain and he will fit me in. Can’t ring him tonight ,,,,, was walking in the yard checking out my bunch of bananas and tripped in one of my grandsons holes he dug with his digger. Will be a long night.

LJpd81
Community Member

Hi Harpbird. How are you? I'm so so sorry for the late reply.

I hope you're well.

I agree telehealth appointments are the worst! My doctor and psychologist are great. They understand, I can't do by phone. Especially psychologist, as no privacy.

Week one of my holidays nearly over. Just had psychologist and doctor's appointments, which is great as sucks being home so much. I normally love it, with Netflix and stan, etc.

I now have to see a gastroentologist, as I've had stomach issues for a few months. And cardiologist next week,never ending.

Amardanan
Community Member
I am looking for a good clinic because I have health problems

Harpbird
Community Member

Hello LJ, I have just had a ruff time, but been strong and have not S H . I have just had my next spine injection. Been to GP and osteopath a few times, not heard back from gastroenterologist, Been about 5 months now. I am still getting the worse reflux.

With the growth on my eyelid atleast I heard back from that ophthalmologist and he has put me on the waiting list. I know it is a skin cancer so the longer I wait, the bigger the chunk they will need to remove.😳 I hope you have been doing ok and coping.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Amardanan. I see you only have a single post and sorry nobody has responded to you. I hope you are doing OK and have been able to find the support you are looking for? If you see this ... perhaps you might be able to the start a new post/thread/story and people can respond there.

Amardanan
Community Member
Hmm

Hey Amardanan,
Please remember when posting to follow all the community rules. The link below will let you know what you can and cannot post for the safety of all concerned.
https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/community-rule
SophieM

LJpd81
Community Member
Hi Harpbird. I'm so sorry it's been a while. How are you?

LJpd81
Community Member
Hi I totally missed this. Are you ok?