FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Would you and how to tell your GP you self harm?

LJpd81
Community Member

Recently I have been self harming. Im not sure if I'm allowed to say how though. Should I tell my doctor? And if I do , how do I tell her? She is quite approachable and lovely. The idea of telling her that I S/H, fills me with so much anxiety! How do I blurt that out? What would she do? I already am booked for 6 psychologist appointments and I have written it down as one of my reasons for attending. Any advice please?

Thanks very much.

210 Replies 210

LJpd81
Community Member
Harpbird how are you? Hope you're ok?

LJpd81
Community Member
How are you?

Harpbird
Community Member

Hi LJpd81, hope your doing ok? Yeh I am not doing too well. Really getting to the end of this constant pain. I use my meds as prescribed. Have been waiting to get into a rheumatologist to give me answers. Not just medicate the pain , it don’t help after so long. I am not coping with the night pain and to try and move in the morning or after I have rested is so dang cruel.😖. I really am not coping, I feel like I have lost my fight. 😔

LJpd81
Community Member

I am so sorry to hear that. Always here for you. So sorry I've been quiet and not asked.

I'm ok. Actually I've been slipping again in to super bad thoughts and seeing my psychologist again.

Harpbird
Community Member

Totally understand LJ, so good to hear your seeing your psychologist. Sometimes I think I need To go see them Again as those rotten thoughts are far to convincing. But I haven’t done anything for 10 months. I got a call just before 8 pm last night as it come up no ID caller. I didn’t answer it. So once it stopped ringing I checked for a message. What doctor rings at that time of night? So I rang straight back and no answer , had to leave another message 🤦🏻‍♀️ Just not right they say due to covid they are short staffed , well how can they have the time to ring you but not answer the phone ?

LJpd81
Community Member

I'm happy you haven't done anything for 10 months.

Have you heard back from the doctor?

Happy to chat to you. Here for you 😚

Harpbird
Community Member
Thanks lovely, I am at my moms for a few days so I know mentally I will be ok. Looking after her and doing things for her helps me forget about myself. Still hoping I may get that call tonight 🤞. Otherwise will play the waiting game next week again.
what have you been up to? Do you have hobbies?

LJpd81
Community Member

That's good. Being distracted helps you forget being sad.

Not really hobbies. Unless you count watching my pay TV channels.

I work all weekend. Helps keep me busy.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion
what sort of shows you do like to watch?

LJpd81
Community Member
You mean me?