FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Slave to madness?

NonStampCollectorFan
Community Member

Before contacting "Lifeline" and after when I was trying to sleep I was tormented with subconscious thoughts and feelings of rage and grief. In truth I wish my consious would just check out or go into a coma. I kinda mentioned fears of going mad to lifeline and the thought of suicide was pretty much the only thought in my head during the night. I estimate that it was 5 hours of madness whilist going to sleep then 5 hours of sleep.

Anyhow I've looked online to find articles on madness and discovered thats its quite a rare topic.

The best i could find on youtube - Mad King of Britain: King George III

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh0RV27qxSA

Any ideas on a midnight quick-fix?

3 Replies 3

Sophie_M
Dear NonStampCollectorFan

By your post, it sounds like you had a difficult evening. We are pleased that you found the courage to post your confusion on our forum. We are a supportive community, and we are here to support you.

We are glad to see that you called LifeLine. It is usually helpful to contact one of the available services to assist in reducing difficult and harmful thoughts.

We would like to encourage you to keep in mind that there are quite a few people working for each of the phone support services, and if the person you are talking to isn't helping, you can call back, or call one of the other services.

Warm regards,

Sophie M.

Sophia16
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi,

Thank you for being so open here. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now. It's great that you contacted Lifeline, they are there to support you through your negative thoughts.

Just know that the Beyond Blue forums are also here for you.

.Stay safe and i am always here to chat

All good ladys...Just experamenting with the buttons on the forums. It's also comforting that this site has troll control. ole facebook is big but I left that platform for (my) good in 2015. The dream of that working became the reality of their ads working.