FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Loneliness and other stuff

freddofrog
Community Member

i have no friends and am so lonely, i am 17 yrs old and have dropped out of hs

-at the time i dropped out i experienced a friendship group breakdown, my mh has suffered and i have suicidal thoughts everyday

-i now work full time at a daycare doing a traineeship (which i hate) due to the fact that i can barely get out of bed

-just today at work i was warned about my behaviour on the job which is seemingly forgetful, messy and 'poor', if i get another one of these warnings i could be fired

-if i get fired or quit my mum will kill me

-i honestly can't see myself lasting till december (when my traineeship ends)

-i ultimately have nobody to talk to and am just really lonely and sad

-everyday i experience 100000 emotions and find it soooo hard to complete small tasks w/o feeling overwhelmed or breaking down

-am also super sensitive which my boss dislikes and i cant control my emotions especially when im about to cry

Any tips to combat these feelings and loneliness?

3 Replies 3

Sophie_M
Hey Freddofrog,
Thanks for reaching out tonight,
It sounds as though life is really tough at the moment, with a lot of stressors and expectations. We can understand why you might be feeling down and demotivated. It sounds as though high school was a very stressful experience, but please know things can get better. We can hear you’re feeling lonely and would like some suggestions on how to combat these feelings.

We would urge you to check-out some of the great resources on the Reach Out website for combating feelings of loneliness: If you feel you would benefit from more ongoing support, we’d also encourage you to get in in touch with us via our Support Service on 1300 22 4636 or www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport and we can provide you with some advice on how to manage these feelings of stress and thoughts of suicide.

We’re also getting in touch with you via email to check in with your well-being,
We hope to hear from you,

Sophia16
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi,

It seems like you are going through so many emotions at the moment. It must be very tough but just know that you are very strong for being here.

Writing down your thoughts is the first step in getting your life together. Have you seen your local GP about what you are going through? They can help develop a self-care plan with you. Sometimes it is good to add professionals into our lives.

Just know that you have the whole Beyond Blue community to support you through this tough time.

Stay safe and i am always here to chat.

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi freddofrog

I feel so deeply for you as you struggle with so many challenges at once. To live as a highly insensitive person is easy. To be living as a highly sensitive person can be incredibly challenging in so many ways. The fact that you're able to list so many of your triggers points to you not only being highly sensitive but also highly conscious. With your abilities - being highly sensitive and highly conscious - I imagine they feel more like curses than abilities right now, understandably.

• You've made a transition from school to work without help from friends. This is a massive transition, especially when it's not supported by a circle of 'go to' people/friends. If it helps, you can see us here as your circle during this incredibly challenging transition. We're here for you 🙂
  • You're trying to function on next to no energy, something that's nearly impossible to achieve. So, you could say you're struggling to maintain the near impossible. Emotional exhaustion has a physical impact we can deeply feel at times. It can become debilitating. You're also dealing with demanding high energy people, kids, who could be draining you further. If you're sensitive enough, next time you go to work challenge yourself to see if you can get a feel for each child's nature
  • With the warning at work, wondering if anyone there is conscious enough to sit down with you and ask if you're okay, if there's anything that could help make a difference to you and your performance. Are they simply judging your performance and that's it? To be judged without being offered help and understanding is typical of some people. This behaviour is their fault/flaw, it's not your fault
  • Is your mum not fully conscious of your struggle? Can she relate to deeply challenging transitions and depression? If not, it's her job to better relate. As a mum, I know it can be hard work relating to your kids' struggles but it's work that helps generate constructive guidance and mutual respect
  • Can be a serious challenge, imagining a positive future. With solid plans in place, we can see a constructive way forward. Without anyone helping us form solid plans in our imagination, we can be left to face depressing imagery in our head. Are you sensitive to your imagination, what you see in your mind?
  • Can't help but wonder whether your boss is misinterpreting things. Are they observing what they believe to be 'disinterest', as opposed to observing what serious fatigue and significant struggle looks like?