FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I dont know how to keep living

Teegs_
Community Member

This has been a long time coming. For as long as I can remember I've had the feeling that I don't belong on this planet. I can't say why, I go to sleep every night praying I don't wake up the next day.

I've come up with hundreds of ways to end my life. I couldn't do that to my mum. Even though I've had these thoughts for as long as i can remember, when it came down to it I couldn't hurt my mum. But lately I'm starting to realise people move on so it getting easier to finally pull the trigger. This is my last real hope. I don't have anything.

The hardest part to understand is why me. Why do i feel this way all the time. I dont want pity, I grew up with a pretty average childhood. When i was young my family was great. We were that family that was out doing things together all day every day. Then dad left, shit went downhill.

The thing is though, even when it was good, I wasn't. Ive never felt like I fit in anywhere. All my friends leave. I'm not sure if its me or i just choose the shit ones. It probably is me. IM DEPRESSED. who wants to be friends with someone that's depressed and is always bring everyone down.

I don't leave the house. I haven't eaten in days. I've tried, but nothing stays down.
I feel like I'm reaching the end of my road. I think my book and officially written and over.

I've tried everything. Nothing works. This feeling is with me forever. and i guess theirs only one real way to cure this disease.

8 Replies 8

Sophie_M
Hey Teegs, Welcome to the forums. Our valued online forums community is a safe space for you to share your thoughts, seek and give support. We are so sorry to hear how difficult things have been lately, it sounds like an especially difficult time for you. We want you to know that we're here to provide you with as much support, advice and conversation as you need.
Our Support Service is trying to reach out to you via email as we are worried about you.
We hope you know that there is always help available to you. Can we ask if you are you currently receiving mental health support? If not, we would urge that you do seek professional support to help you work through these thoughts that you're experiencing. If you are not sure of how to access mental health support, please contact the Beyond Blue Support Service anytime on 1300 22 4636 or get in touch with us on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST here: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport
We would strongly urge that in overwhelming moments you get in touch with our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).
Please check in and let us know how you are whenever you feel up to it.

Teegs_
Community Member
I've tried to talk to a couple of local GPs but they are just to busy to really care. They have all just said to get more exercise or to get out more. I've tried. I've moved. I live in a small town that doesn't really have the resources I need.

NiceGuy1
Community Member

Hi Teegs,

Thanks for coming here and being so upfront and honest. I wanted to let you know that you are not alone.

I feel for you and hope things can get better soon.

🙂

Dearcy
Community Member
Hi Teegs,

Of course the doctors are giving some good advice, but it sure isn't the only advice. It's really hard to keep trying, especially when those first people don't want to listen/don't know how to listen/can't listen.

You deserve better help. It's there. I really hope you are able to find it and make use of it.

I feel what you're saying and thank you for helping me feel less alone in my darkness. I can listen (read) if you need.

Dearcy

Teegs_
Community Member

Thank you for your replies, I really appreciate it.

Ive been really struggling lately. I know I need help. I’m just not sure how to ask for it. I think I’ve perfected how to make it look like I’m okay but really I’m dying inside.

I can’t talk to my family because they all have their own things going on at the moment. I don’t have any friends because I’ve pushed them all away.

I find that when I’m not around, everyone has a better time. For some reason, whenever I’m around someone ends up fighting with someone. I don’t know what I do. I hate conflict with a passion. The only way to deal with the situation is to eliminate myself from the situation.

With everything that’s going on in the world is anything worth it?

I don’t know what to do anymore, but I can’t keep doing what I have been doing. I feel like I’m going insane.

Hi Teegs,

You've already taken more than a few positive steps towards asking for help by posting here in the first place and now coming back. We're so sorry to hear how much you're still struggling but we want you to know this is a safe and non-judgmental place and we're here to give you as much support, advice and conversation as you need.

Remember, the Beyond Blue Support Service, Lifeline and the Suicide Call Back Service we listed above are all available to you 24/7.

Please do keep checking in to let us know how you're getting on whenever you feel up to it.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Teegs~

Look, I've felt the same as you, and thought I was a burden, that things did not go right around me, and the medical profession was on the totally wrong track. I ended up trying to kill myself.

Lots later now I can see the depression had got rid of all my positive thoughts and substituted the negative and the hopeless. What was worse was I could see no way out -no hope.

I did not improve until I had the right competent medical help.

Now, your town may not have any facilities to help, ordinary GPs are not really equipped for Mental Health conditions, so I'd not blame you for writing them all off.

There is at the moment a program called Telehealth, where you get to a GP, Psychologist or Psychiatrist via Skype or some similar arrangement, and he can be the other end of the country. It works fine, I'm using it myself at the moment.

May I suggest you go ask whichever GP seemed the most reasonable to look into the matter for you. You sound at the end of your tether and there should be no question you get help that works, it is only deciding how.

Do you think you are prepared to give it a go?

From the mindset I got when depression hit I would have thought my family did not care, and my freinds had all gone. As it turned out my partner was a real understanding help, it made a difference.

Now I lead a pretty good life, with love, giving and receiving support and accomplishment. Although you cannot see it now it can be there for you -as it was for me.

Please come back and say what your think

Croix

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Teegs...

Im sorry that your struggling so much with your mental health...

Sophie’s suggestions of ringing the Beyond Blue, lifeline and suicide call back is a really good idea..I’ve rang them a few times and they are really good at listening and offering advice..

I live in a tiny rural village and getting help for my mh took me seeing a few Drs...I ended up finding one that could and did help me by setting up a mental health care plan...Please try not to give up trying to get the help you need...

Teegs...Yes..It is worth it...Your not your depression..your so much stronger then it...Even if you don’t feel like it right now...I can hear it in you because you’re reaching out here and that’s not an easy thing to do....I’m proud of you for doing that....

Do you have anything that you like to do for yourself, any interests you like to do..Something to keep your mind busy....and hopefully will help to distract the negative thoughts for a while...I listen to music through my ear plugs and try to concentrate on the instruments...Do you have any pets?..

Looking forward when you’re feeling up to it to get to know you better....Sitting quietly with you dear Teegs...if that’s okay..

Sending you my care, love and some warm comforting hugs..If you like them..🦋💜🤗..

Grandy..