FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I don't know where to go from here

Atlasiplier
Community Member

Hi, I've been feeling really hopeless and suicidal recently and I'm not completely sure how to get help. I have a lot of trouble with motivation but I'm also sick of people telling me to "just breathe" or "take it one step at a time" but that doesn't help anymore! I need someone to convince me it's worth it to keep going. I'm not doing it because of my family or friends, I just don't think I should continue.

I don't know, I've been feeling like this for almost 2 years now and I just feel it's time to give up.

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Hi Atlasiplier,

Welcome to our friendly online community. We're sorry to hear that you're in a dark place at the moment. Please know that there is support available to you. We're getting in touch with you privately as we are concerned for your wellbeing. 

Can we ask if you are currently receiving any mental health support for these thoughts? We would urge you to get in touch with Kids Help Line. They are a confidential and anonymous, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged 25 and under.

You might also find it helpful to take a look at our page, "Feeling suicidal".

However, if at any time you feel unable to keep yourself from acting on these thoughts, this is an emergency and you need to contact 000 (triple zero).

Thanks again for reaching out here. Please feel free to keep us updated on how you're going. We hope that the forums can be of some comfort to you at this time. 

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Atlasiplier and welcome to the forums and making a brave honest post.I can feel your pain you are in and understand how hard it is getting help.Tgeir is no shame in admitting you need help.Sophie has made some good suggestions for you.Just seeing your doctor and telling them your struggling can open doors for you getting help.I hope you are safe at the moment.Their is support out there for you.
Take care,
Mark.