FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I am not ok

Leo25
Community Member

I have had enough

6 Replies 6

Leo25
Community Member

I have had enough. Nothing brings me joy. Every day is the same. I just want to go to Switzerland and finish it. 

Leo25
Community Member

I want to go there I have had enough

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome. It sounds like things have been tough. Would you like to talk about it?

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Leo25

Along with smallwolf, I invite you to express what has become so unbearable for you. The absolute depths of depression is definitely one of those things, something I've found through personal experience. The inner dialogue down there just becomes too overwhelming to be managing alone.

Hi Leo25,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your bravery and openness in sharing here. It sounds like things are feeling really tough right now.  We’re reaching out to you privately to make sure you’re ok.  

If you want to reach out to our counsellors to talk this through, we’re on 1300 22 4636, and you can reach us online here. There are also our friends over at the Suicide Call Back service on 1300 659 467, or Lifeline on 13 11 14.  

If you’re feeling suicidal or are having thoughts about harming yourself, it's important that you take immediate steps to keep safe, and you need to call 000 (triple zero).   

You mentioned you’ve come through a time of incredible depression and suicidality in the past. Is there anything that helped you through that time that you could consider drawing on today? Was it a good counsellor or mental health professional? Or was something suggested in a suicide safety plan, like sharing your feelings with a close friend or relative? Or was it something you were doing like exercise or creativity that distracts you and gives you some purpose? We’d love to hear if there’s anything coming to mind. 

We hope that you find our forums to be a safe and supportive space to talk through your thoughts and feelings. Our community is here for you.

Kind regards,   

Sophie M 

Rosie
Community Member

Hi Leo

Just wanted you to know I've been thinking about you.  I won't say anything else as I know my last reply to you under Federer's post was so unhelpful.

Rosie x