FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

All alone getting crazy thoughts

FQ
Community Member

Separated about a year ago. Have been secluded since. Only receive calls from work or those bloddy call centres.

finding loneliness very difficult to cope with. Have nobody to turn to. Asked for calls I made for help fell on on death ears.waste all my money on online games. Not gambling. Recently been weighing up is it even worth sticking around. Have thought up several alternatives to end this miserable existence.

2 Replies 2

Sophie_M
Dear FQ,

Thank you for sharing your pain and your story on the forum with us. We want to welcome you to our online family and reach out our care to you in your distress.

We're so sorry to hear how hard it has been for you and to hear how lonely and unheard you feel.

We really want you to know that we're here for you and encourage you to hang around and join in with our community as much as you want and need.

We heard your distress and sent a private response to you yesterday - please do get in contact with us if you want to chat anytime - we're here for you 24/7.

While we wait for our beautiful members to get back to you, please don't hestiate to reach out whenever or if ever you feel overwhelmed at any time.

Aside from contacting us (phone us on 1300 22 4636, and/or you can reach us online here), there’s also our friends over at the Suicide Call Back service on 1300 659 467, or Lifeline on 13 11 14.

We also really recommend having a look at the Beyond Blue safety planning app. You can read about how it works and where to download it here. You can even call Lifeline and complete it with one of their counsellors over the phone if you'd like.

Kind regards,

Bob_22
Community Member

Hi FQ,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for bravely posting your story here. I'm sorry to hear that you have been struggling with loneliness and suicidal thoughts recently. As Sophie mentioned please reach out to any of the following support lines to talk to someone at anytime over the phone or through webchat

Beyond blue

Lifeline

Suicide call back service

I'm sorry to hear about your separation a year ago. Ending a significant relationship can be difficult and can invoke quite a lot of grief as well. This can be quite tough from personal experience. If you wanted to talk to someone or research about how grief might be affecting you, you can also visit https://griefline.org.au/

This can also be exarcebated by christmas and the holiday season. I hope you will find these forums helpful in staying connected and reading other people's stories who might be in similar situations. You can also visit the BB cafe if you every need to find a place to chill and talk to some of our other users about anything at all. https://forums.beyondblue.org.au/t5/bb-social-zone/the-bb-cafe/td-p/233778 

I know online games can serve as an escape and can also, in moderation, be a great way to connect with people and have some down time. I currently plan an online mmorpg on my PS which has been a good way for me to have fun. I know it can also be quite expensive in terms of microtransactions. I find it's best to set a monthly limit on spendings for games so that you don't sink alot of money. I personally avoid in game transactions for this reason. 

Regarding suicidal thoughts, if you don't already, it may be worthwhile seeking professional help from a GP or psychologist. They can assist medically and psychologically with any mental health issues you might have. You can visit your GP and talk about being referred to a psychologist with a mental health treatment plan and go from there if you are comfortable. 

Hope this helps.

Bob