FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Words of comfort, encouragement and wisdom

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

To all the beautiful people 🌞

Words placed in a particular order can have a profound effect on us.

Words can bring us a moment of comfort, give us a different perspective, or change the course of our thinking and outlook entirely.

I would like this to be a space where we share quotes that have meaning to us or that have the potential to bring some comfort or encouragement to somebody, even if just for the moment in which they are reading it.

I will start.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher

Go gently with yourselves lovely people.

🌻birdy

839 Replies 839

Thanks Birdy;

I didn't realise it wasn't appearing as it does for me. I tried a new font app.

The passage says;

'Could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of your life, your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy, and; would accept the seasons of your heart, even as you have always accepted the seasons that pass over your fields'

Sez

Hi Sez (waves to Birdy and all),

I know your last post was addressed to Birdy but if it helps in the slightest, I could read the excerpt. Although I was able to see it both times on my screen 🙂

As an aside, seeing as you mentioned the book, I still have my copy of the “The Prophet.” Although I must admit in my case, I find it comforting because it makes me think of you (more so than the words itself). I hope it’s okay for me to say that...

Anyway, this is just a quick visit and will be my only post this weekend.

Gentle and easy does it as I know you’ve been doing it rough ❤️

Sending you kindness this weekend...there’s never any pressure to talk or reply if you’re not feeling up to it. Just know that I’m always here for you...

Love always,

Pepper xoxo

Dear Pepper;

How lovely! Here's something for you..

'In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed'

It's morning and I've been refreshed..

Hearts..

Sez xo

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Mary, thank you for sharing those poems, i hope you will find some more in your box of treasures. I like the reminder from Leunig to allow emptiness. I needed to be reminded of that again today.

Sez, thank you so much for re-typing that passage. It is beautiful (it must have just been my screen if others can see it). I remember a story of Kahlil Gibran's that i like:

Said one oyster to a neighbouring oyster, 'I have a very great pain within me. It is heavy and round and I am in distress.'

And the other oyster replied with haughty complacence, 'Praise be to the heavens and to the sea, I have no pain within me. I am well and whole both within and without.'

At that moment a crab was passing by and heard the two oysters, and he said to the one who was well and whole both within and without:

'Yes, you are well and whole but the pain that your neighbor bears is a pearl of exceeding beauty.'

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Dear lovely people,

This is dedicated to anyone who has a feeling that they have lost themselves, lost their sense of their own identity or wholeness, perhaps as a result of an unhealthy relationship or giving too much of yourself & not taking care of you, or for some other reason. Time to take care of you and give yourself some love and care.

Love After Love by Derek Walcott

The time will come
when, with elation
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror
and each will smile at the other's welcome,

and say, sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger who was your self.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you

all your life, whom you ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,

the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life.

Guest8901
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello Birdy. I only just stumbled upon this thread. As you said, a place to come to find a balm for our wounded spirits, somewhere we can read something that might soothe and calm or support and encourage and comfort our anxious, tired and troubled minds. Just what I need! So thank you for opening this thread.

I dont have anything to add right now, but hopefully I will in future. I just wanted to add this to My Threads so I can keep track of it, and find it when I need to read some of these words of comfort. Thanks everyone.

Amanda

Hi everyone,

Sez: thank you, that was beautiful and very meaningful. A heartfelt thank you...heart of hearts ❤️

Birdy: It’s lovely to see your thread is taking off 🌻

Pepper xoxo

Hi Everyone, 

We love this thread and want to keep it open however, just wanted to let you know that due to copyright laws, we are not able to approve entire lyrics to songs and poems. 

We are happy for single lines and quotes to come through but just be mindful that we can't continue to approve songs and poems in their entirety as we can get into trouble.

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Sophie,

What a shame!!

I do understand though.

It's disappointing we can't make a little treasure trove here, to soothe the soul.

Is there a way around it? Could we post half a poem in one post and the other half in another?

It just seems a pity, especially if we credit the original authors carefully?

But i understand if not ...

🌻birdy

Hi Birdy

I learned these words from a book from Dr Claire Weekes.......a psychiatrist that suffered from anxiety and depression.

'Fighting anxiety only increases the symptoms.....Using calm and true Acceptance of these awful feelings will take away their intensity/severity'

The book is 'Self Help for Your Nerves' and still in print decades after being published even though Dr Weekes passed away years ago

Anyhow...the more information the better 🙂

My Kind thoughts

Paul