FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Words of comfort, encouragement and wisdom

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

To all the beautiful people 🌞

Words placed in a particular order can have a profound effect on us.

Words can bring us a moment of comfort, give us a different perspective, or change the course of our thinking and outlook entirely.

I would like this to be a space where we share quotes that have meaning to us or that have the potential to bring some comfort or encouragement to somebody, even if just for the moment in which they are reading it.

I will start.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher

Go gently with yourselves lovely people.

🌻birdy

839 Replies 839

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear All~

I was talking to someone today who was irather overwhelmed by the world, it reminded me of the need as expressed in the opening words of the Desiderata:

"Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence."

You can read the whole prose poem here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desiderata

Croix (who remembers, yes, he has mentioned it before, however it does deserve to be repeated:)

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Everyone...

Continuing on from our lovely Croix....

As far as possible without surrender
be on good terms with all persons....

and my added little bit...ESPECIALLY YOURSELF..

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."

- J.R.R Tolkien

Not_Batman
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Im holding a full glass of water up. How much does it weigh?

It depends on how long i hold it.
If i hold it for a minute nothing happens. If i hold it for an hour my arm will begin to ache. If i hold it all day, my arm will become numb and paralysed.

The weight of the glass hasn’t changed, but the longer i hold on to it, the heavier it becomes.

The stresses and worries of life are the glass of water.

Hold it for a minute and there is no problem.Hold on to it for a while linger and it starts to hurt. Hold onto it all day long and become paralysed by it, incapable of doing anything.

Always remember to put the glass down.

-the mentor house

Hey everyone,

You can only do your best in every situation

If it comes let it

If it goes let it

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello everyone...l🤗..

“It's not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life...it's what you whisper to yourself that has the most power!”

.....Robert T. Kiyosaki

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Everyone.....🤗 Hugs...

“One day you will tell your story of how you overcame what you went through....and it will be someone else’s survival guide.”

......... Brene Brown⁠⁠

⁠⁠

So true that Your story truly can be someone else’s survival guide.⁠⁠..

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello everyone....

“Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.”

― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

"It doesn't get any easier"

"You get Stronger" anon

You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.

C.S. Lewis