FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Words of comfort, encouragement and wisdom

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

To all the beautiful people 🌞

Words placed in a particular order can have a profound effect on us.

Words can bring us a moment of comfort, give us a different perspective, or change the course of our thinking and outlook entirely.

I would like this to be a space where we share quotes that have meaning to us or that have the potential to bring some comfort or encouragement to somebody, even if just for the moment in which they are reading it.

I will start.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher

Go gently with yourselves lovely people.

🌻birdy

839 Replies 839

Pamela

I love Leunig and have a couple of his books of poetry. I wrote the poem below in Japanese Haiku style. Only 17 syllables allowed, 5/7/5. Shortest form of poetry in the world. Perhaps that's what appeals.

The sun is hiding
But its warmth can still reach me.
The full light would burn.

It's meant to capture a moment like a snapshot. I enjoy writing in this style.

Alone in my garden.
My friends turn their faces to me,
And smile in the sun.

Mary

PamelaR
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Beautiful poetry Mary. It is a lovely style of poetry and I see how it these two capture the moment.

Yes I too have 3 Leunig books of poems. I used to write poetry a long long time ago. Haven't even thought about it now. My creative outlet is through my photography and post production of the images. Also I love to experiment with cooking. Anyway going of track here.

Have a good day Mary.

Pamela

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Dear Pamela,

Thank you so much for posting that beautiful Leunig poem. I copied it out into the front of my journal, it just washed through my heart.

I hope you will come here and read words when you need soothing and solace and a balm for your soul xo

🌻 birdy

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Mary, your poetry is beautiful.

I especially love the second one, i often aist alone in my garden, with my friends - those lovely, silent, growing things.

🌻birdy

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Sorry, i often 'sit' alone ...

PamelaR
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Thank you dear Birdy.

Yes I will be visiting your thread not just when I need soothing, solace and a balm for my soul. To also, follow yours and everyones lovely poetry when I'm already soothed 🙂 Because of it's beauty..... Just it's sheer beauty.

Pamela

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness and a deep loving concern.

Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Josh_K_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Birdy and everyone,

What a fantastic idea for a thread!

I love what has been posted so far.

One of my favourite and motivating quotes:

"Peace IS

a daily, a weekly, a monthly process,

gradually changing OPINIONS,

slowly eroding old barriers,

quietly building new structures."

- John F. Kennedy

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Josh 😊

Thanks so much for joining this thread and for your encouraging contribution from jfk. Growing ourselves ... gently does it .. that's lovely.

🌻 birdy

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi friends ❤

When you feel like you're taking two steps forward and three steps back?

Or like everything's awesome, and all of a sudden, everything's ... not?

Take heart :

We think that the point is to pass the test or overcome the problem, but the truth is that things don't really get solved. They come together and then they fall apart. Then they come together again and fall apart again. It's just like that. The healing comes from letting there be room for all of this to happen: room for grief, for relief, for misery, for joy.

Pema Chödrön - When things fall apart

🌻birdy