Three things to be thankful for today
Some days it is really hard to find anything to be thankful for when we feel overcome by the darkness and fog of depression. If I look hard enough, I can find something to be thankful for.
I would like to encourage others to write down three things they are thankful for, and to realise there is a sense of hope available to us all. Sometimes it is just a little hard to find!
So my three things for today are:
1: The lovely singing of birds in the morning as they welcome in the new day
2: The ability to read and write
3: A lovely hot shower.
Wishing all the "family" in BB Land a day full of noticing the nice things in life. Kind regards to you all, from Dools.
Just wanted to say, you really have me consciously thinking about what 3 things I am thankful for each day.
So my 3 things for today are:
1. Sleeping in
2. Having a tidy house, so I didn't have to do housework
3. Seeing the smile on my partner's face when I picked him up from the train station tonight
I was hoping this idea would help people to realise that we all have something to be thankful for, even int he darkness and overwhelming feelings that depression can confront us with. Sometimes it is just a little hard to see the light behind the darkness.
Today I am thankful for:
1. The gorgeous pink and white blossom on trees at present.
2. A magnificent blue sky and wonderful fresh air.
3. My husband is cooking dinner tonight.
Hi All. I'm really feeling quite ill today, I have been a bit too stressed, think my bronchitis is returning, feel exhausted and a bit depressed. I have done very little today, up for breakfast, then back to bed, up for lunch then back to be. I have about as much energy as a half sucked peppermint!
Even so, today I am thankful for
1. A nice comfortable bed
2. A book to read when I was awake enough to read it
3. The cat kept me company.
Roll on tomorrow! Hopefully I will have more energy and a lot less stress! Ya.
Thanks for the best wishes for my health Jo. Today I have had more energy, but have had a headache no amount of pain medication has been able to shift! Hopefully a visit to the physio tomorrow will help with the headache and back pain.
Today I am thankful for
1. The funny antics of our chooks, especially Emily, who flies on top of the fence, looks at me, and then flies to the ground below and takes off running.
2. A book called "Defeat Depression" which is providing me with various ways to combat my depression and improve my mood.
3. Chinese takeaway. Yum.
Tomorrow it is Monday, the start of a new week with new opportunities and new things to learn. Greetings to you all, from Dools.
Glad you felt a little better today, however the headache is a bit of a bummer. Good luck with the physio.
3 things I'm grateful for today...
1. It's the last day of Winter!!!!!!
2. Being able to sit in the back yard
3. Having everything all ready for my partner for when I go into hospital.
Hi Everyone, hope you can all have a glimmer of hope today and find something to be thankful for or grateful for.
My three things for yesterday are
1) Refreshing rain, adding new life to the garden
2) Seeing pearls of raindrops glistening on the leaves of the clover in the garden
3) A delicious glass of freshly squeezed home grown orange juice
Thinking of you all out there who need a cheer today. From Dools