FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Staying well not easy

Guest_8790
Community Member
I wish I could say I am in a mentally healthy state but my moods are so fluid.
I could be fine for a few days then like yesterday and today could not stop getting angry or sad.
Yesterday because I had no one to talk to, i texted friend she was a fake friend and blocked her.
I then drove around feeling angry. Today I had to put one of my cats back into cat havenntobfind him a new home.
I have felt Upset and guilty all day . I say and do things in a hasty moment not realising the consequences of my actions
Oh how I wish I understood my moods. Been on medication many years and havehad them changed.
I wish I could change but am in a rut and wish I could turn back time and my actions never happened.

I do not feel I belong in this life. Don't know what to do at present.

Rusty

5 Replies 5

Sophie_M
Hi there,

It sounds like you've had a really rough couple of days. We're so sorry to hear this. Is there anything that has brought you increased stabiity of moods, or improved moods in the past?

It sounds like you might be having some really overwhelming moments in the fluidity of your moods - we would strongly urge that in overwhelming moments you get in touch with our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).

We hope that you can find some peace and relaxation tonight, whether it is in taking a long shower or watching a movie. Feel free to reach out here on your thread anytime you feel up to it, or take a look around the forums at some of the others threads if you'd like to get involved.

Dear Guest 8790,

We’re so grateful to have you reach out to our community this morning and are so sorry to hear everything you have going on at the moment. Times like this can definitely get overwhelming . We hope that you find our forums to be a safe and supportive space to talk through your thoughts and feelings. Our community is here for you. 

We hope you know that there is always help available to you, whether it's from our professional mental health counsellors Beyond Blue (available 24/7/365 on 1300 22 4636) or our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).
Keep checking back in with us whenever you feel up to it. 

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Rusty, you have contributed quite a lot to many comments and your replies would have been well thought out from the experience you've been through.

You are entitled to react to a situation or by a reaction from what somebody else has said we all do it, whether or not we're right, certainly has to be up for discussion.

On a good day we have the confidence and know that other people will support us, while there are times when no one would ever consider and agree with what we have to say.

Our moods need to be taken into consideration, and presently had an non understanding with someone who has said the most horrible remarks back to me when I was only trying to apologise for waking him up at a time we agreed upon last night.

Take care.

Geoff.

Thank you for reply. I just hate having upand down moods. Last week started off badly with a fall leaving scratches to my arthritic knee, then one of my cats I took back to cat haven and I cried with guilt for two days. Then when I had not hear from friend i texted them they were fake obviously not heard back. I do stupid things and regret it. Guess i deserve to be alone. Anyhow will try and read up on coping. I also have diabetes which i need to be more sensible with.

Rusty

Guest_8790
Community Member
Thank you geoff. I wish it was that simple but I overreact to a perceived negative response or look from any person. For example when i texted my friend telling them they were fake, they had done nothing apart from not texting me, i realised that i am selfish as they had lost their mother in july same as mine, so i was unfair. No lost only friend. My mother always said I was hasty in my reactions. Never learnt anything. Such is life. I am not feeling sorry for myself only angry.

Rusty