FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Night Owls (for those awake late and can't sleep)

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear All
The purpose of this thread is as a meeting point for those that can’t sleep and it is late (I.E. AFTER midnight.)

It can be a useful space for users to share their issues with insomnia as well as coping strategies. It can also be a general space for users to converse and support one another throughout a difficult night.

Please note – for those that are just bored or lonely we already have a place - the BB Café, which I recommend instead of here

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/bb-social-zone/the-bb-cafe

Croix

563 Replies 563

hello all. i don't think this thread is active anymore? i'm rather bored & lonely. i usually talk to a girl in the UK on tumblr at 3am my time, but she's not going to be online today/tonight. so is anyone else around? i'll probably watch things, listen to music, but i'm still sad & lonely.

Hi everyone…

Tonight I find myself here…looks like I’m a night owl…but not by choice…I want to sleep, I need to sleep…but I cannot sleep…thoughts are too active tonight, tried listening to sleep stories, sleep music and full body scan without success….my mind is louder then all of them tonight….

I own my mind, but my mind doesn’t know that…because if it did…it would go to sleep when my body sleeps…..

I don’t really want to but I think I’ll have to get up, out of my warm bed and into the cold, go to my freezing cold kitchen and make me a hot cup of tea….and try again to go to sleep….or should I just try to stay awake until morning….I need to be up with the birds today so I can drive my friend to her Dr’s appointment on time…for a physical for her license renewal….Then after I get home…I could try sleeping then…..hmmm decisions are not easy even with a good nights sleep…

I wish I had an off switch for my mind…🙂

Good night to those who are reading this…and I do hope you can get to sleep tonight….especially if your reading this at the time I’m writing this…

Grandy..

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Good morning everyone….

After my cuppa Tea, I thought okay, I’ll stay awake, after all I should be back home by 12pm..then I will try to have an afternoon nap….So I put on the music softly, and surrender the thought of sleeping…by now it’s around 3.30am…..I could feel my my eyes are so tired and decided to close them……

I was at that stage that the music was slowly drifting and sounded like it was miles away…….My dogs snoring was fading in the background…..then Mr rooster decided to do his morning song…..4.30am…my dogs snoring became loud again….no longer in the distance….they knew I was still awake and decided to give me a very sloppy good morning greeting….Okay, I’m telling them to go night nights not time to get up yet….did they listen to me…🙂 No…they all went outside, came back inside and started munching on the kibble I leave out for them…Hmm they are noisy eaters…didn’t notice that before😂..

Getting towards 5 am…Okay I’ll get back up in a minute….that minute turned out to be 3 hours…yay sleep finally came to me….do I feel better after that few hours of sleep….no I am more tired than ever, eyes are tired and sore….but it’s time for me to have a shower and get myself ready to drive my friend into town….first to her Drs…then she wants to do her weekly shopping.,,.and a few more things…I need to get my anxiety meds….How I’m wishing right now, that her son came through the night and fixed her car….or some tiny sweet little elves magically fixed her car…..wishful thinking 😂😂…never happened….

Now I’m running late to collect her…quick shower, get dressed, secure my fur babies so they have access to the yard and the back half of inside..,and now my new day begins…

Hope everyone can have a good day today…

Hugs everyone…

Grandy..

jolesty
Community Member

Hi Croix. Is this still a separate forum? I see it easily in a google search but not so easily on the BB website forum options page, has it merged with BB cafe?