FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Need help staying clean

Wilebeast
Community Member

61 days clean...

it’s been a rough few days for me, all I can think about is getting a fix.

sometimes it consumes my head 24/7, so hard

4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Welcome to the Beyond Blue forum Wilebeast, 

It's great to have you join us here and we hope our community can support and advise you throughout this difficult period. 

For information on how to manage drug-related issues please read the "drugs and mental health" webpage here: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/drugs-alcohol-and-mental-health

You are also more than welcome to get in touch with our Support Service. We’re available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEDT on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport. One of our professional mental health counsellors at our Support Service will give you support and point you in the right direction for help in your area.   If you would like to post further, please tell us more about what's on your mind.

U_Gotthis
Community Member

61 days! Awesome work!

I’m no expert but no matter the subject or struggle, I know any thoughts that are negative or potentially destructive in decision making can’t be left unattended

Remember your thought process 61 days ago and why you made that conscious decision to remove it from your life.

Have a couple of key words why you want to stay clean (family, health, money.....) when that first thought of getting a fix pops in your head, acknowledge it, then straight away tell it to burger off and keep repeating those key words until your head is clear and focused on what’s important to you.

Then an action, exercise, do some chores or something to occupy your mind that haze positive outcome.

You sound like a strong individual so don’t give those thoughts any power over you by allowing them to stay in your headspace, keep kicking them out and replace them with ones worthy of occupying your mental time and energy.

You’ve got this!

Thank you

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hey Wilebeast, welcome.

I'm so proud of you for being 61 days clean, that's an amazing effort so well done. I don't take drugs, drink alcohol, etc. so I can't imagine how hard it was and still is for you, but you've done a great job being clean.

We're here for you, and I wish you the best of luck on staying clean for longer. You've come a long way.