FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Morning (beyond) BLUES...

Tonic
Community Member

"Well Ya Wake up in the mornin'..." The Midnight Special

..and The Weight of the World comes crashing Down on You.

LOAD: Existential DREAD...

If you Lay there Half Asleep, it will all keep churning around in your mind. Self Inflicted Suffering, but i DO IT myself still.. Don't WANT to be seething with Depression, but don't want to Face the DAY Either...

"I don't wanna Face... the Day... the Day... Today

Long Night leaves me Stranded - Black Visions, Danger Signs"

"Cover my Head - Stayin' in Bed - Too late the Luckless Warning" - The ANGELS, Face The Day.

Best thing to do, if you haven't figured it out, is to GET UP straight away. Make a cup of tea of coffee, DISTRACT yourself, and the Worries seem less.

Same applies with Bad Dreams. Lay Half awake and it will keep Playing over and over. The Quicker you get up, the more of the dream you will Forget. Light on - ALL the lights On, get a drink, have a snack, calm down, Centre/Get Grounded, you are Not in Danger, DISTANCE yourself from The Nightmare. I have some LuLu Bad Dreams from the past.

Worth a Try! 🙂

Tonic

2 Replies 2

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi 

Thankyou so much for this advice and its spot on. The practice of getting up immediately you realise you cant sleep is one I've practiced for decades now, every now and then it just happens.

Eventually I've settled into a routine- go to bed, watch youtube videos on topics that interest me, wait till my eye lids drop a little then turn onto my stomach and fall asleep.

So find your own routine. Also if you snore get a sleep study done. I was found to have moderate sleep apnoea meaning I stopped breathing several times an hour. This robbed my brain of oxygen and my sleep wasnt sound. A breathing machine called a cpap has been in use now for 15 years and it is a life changer.

We appreciate your advice, it is really refreshing. By all means continue with it if you please.

TonyWK 

Tonic
Community Member

Whoops, sorry for the Repeat here. First attempt didn't Show up for ages, thought it might have failed. But I have another Gift to Post.

About Feeling Good

Love

Tonic/D