FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Finding your inner calm

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi everyone,

I came across this beautiful quote today that I thought would be nice to share with you all in this thread 😊

The ultimate measure of your wisdom and strength is how calm you are when facing any given situation.

Calmness is indeed a super power.

The ability to not overreact or take things personally keeps your mind clear and your heart at peace, 

which instantly gives you the upper hand.

I believe also when we experience anxiety we can choose to try to stay calm through this and just simply practice following or breath or taking deeper longer breaths.

By doing this the anxiety won’t escalate and in turn you can find your inner calm with practice.

Remember your breath is always there use it as your anchor. ❤️

4 Replies 4

On The Road
Community Member

Evening Petal22, 

I agree with you that calmness is a superpower. 😊 but I think it's also a skill to acquire. There were times that I was stressed and acted on impulse, and after I ended up being more stressed. I'm actually learning to be less emotionally affected by situations, there are good things and bad things and I can go with the flow and not overreact to them.

Thanks for sharing this😊 *deep and constant breaths* 

sbella02
Community Champion
Community Champion

Petal22,

What a beautiful quote. 

Overreacting is one of my biggest character flaws. I've been on a journey lately to improve how I react to things by reminding myself (when something causes me to have a strong emotional reaction) to take a step back, reflect on it, then respond (if necessary) with a newfound patience and understanding. This was prompted by a friend a few weeks ago who had called me out on the way that I react to things that undermine issues I'm passionate about, and naturally, I did not react well. I've done a fair bit of introspection since then, and your post is another gentle reminder to always strive to choose kindness.

Calmness is a superpower, you're so right. It's a superpower that must be acquired, fostered, and then taken care of. And it's also important to remember to be patient with ourselves on our journey to achieving calmness. 

As always, I'm in awe of the beautiful way you phrase things. 

SB

Thank you for your kind words sbella02  😊 whilst I was enduring my mental health condition I came to a special place of healing and in the mix of this healing I developed a real softness.

My phrasing comes from the beauty I now feel in myself and others.

Finding our inner calm is a journey from within.

Five years ago I was the opposite to calm, but then I realised that the way I react to things determines how I feel from within.

I can see that you have started your inner work and this journey is very rewarding on the whole we really can transform from the inside out.

Yes we all need to be patient on our journey on achieving calmness.

We are all learning and growing at our own time ❤️ 

Hi On The Road,

Yes, calmness is a super power once you can begin to acquire it and then master it it’s something that you always want to obtain because it keeps everything balanced inside ourselves.

I can see that you are also developing your inner calm this is great to see.

Yes sometimes we do act on impulse but if we can recognise this and learn from it the next time something arises we are then more equipped to deal with it in a more positive calm way.

Our breathe will always lead us to our inner calm it just takes reputation and practice so we can then go directly to the breathe because we remember the practice.

😊