FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Facebook...The Good or the Bad...Your Say!

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Everybody

Without a doubt Facebook is one of the best social media sites. I have been on FB for a long time and found it invaluable yet very stressful at times whilst having anxiety and/or depression or even just checking it every day.

Your views on FB, its impact on your mental health, well being, whether good or not so good are more than welcome.

Thankyou for reading my thread topic!

my kind thoughts

Paul

332 Replies 332

Hi Everyone! New posters are always welcome to post their thoughts on Facebook too!..The Good or the Bad

Hey Tim...I didnt know that 17,000,000 Australians have a FB account...thats huge

Its only my humble opinion....I think Facebook may be addictive to some people with low self esteem when checking how many new 'friends' they have...

That aside I still feel its a useful social media tool to keep in touch with others

my kind thoughts

Paul

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I think you can deduct all the Aussies who have multiple accounts and EXITED FB lol.

That would be moi!

I got so unhappy that my FB "friends" were mostly only THAT.
"FB friends".
Not ACTUAL friends.

Meaning NOT someone I had actually spoken to in voice fashion (remember that old fashioned way of communicating? lol) ....
OR
NOT someone I probably I would ever WANT to see IRL lol!

I couldn't stand the "option" of having Messenger and then ALL those people out there, no matter where from whoever they were, could all of sudden TEXT you - ughhh I was weirded out.

I DID do "culls" of my "FB friends" list.

But in the hands of any teenager lol, no matter how many walls ppl put up, those teens found ways INTO other's stuff and that weirded me out.
They call it "falking"... ie FB stalking - yuck!

Am I just weirded out full stop? lol.

The MAIN thing I didn't like was the FALSEHOOD of FB.
Pretence, showing off, ppl NEEDING "Likes" lol!

I do NOT need someone "out there" to see my plate of food! What even IS that?

Weird lol.

My 50c. I'm in a right royal mood tonight about crap and pretence.

Love EM!!!

Hey EM

Thankyou for your clarity and wisdom on this thread topic........Facebook have been misbehaving recently with blocking some Australian news/health/business feed in the last two days...Its not good

to be continued....

Hugs and respect...Paul