FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Challenging the V Day feels...

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Today has me feeling a bit ick, and maybe others do too. So I thought maybe we could share something that we love or feel passionate about 🙂

For me, it's the beach. I bloody love it! I like to draw in the sand and watch it get washed away, like a clean slate. I like to drown my thoughts out below the surface. I love the water when it's angry and crashing like thunder. I love it when it's clear and still and aquamarine. And I even adore the hot sand, when you have to dance over it trying not to burn your feet, but you're laughing at yourself all the while.

10 Replies 10

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hey Katy.

I wish there were beaches near me.

Katy

i love the beach even sitting watching the waves crash in the shire is so calming.
like me I don’t live near a beach over 3 hrs away.

I am passionate about words, written or spoken, I like listening to toddlers make their first words then sentences. I like listening to different accents.

I like how words on this forum can help people .

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Tay, sorry you're not close to the beach. Is there something else you love that you might want to share? 🙂

Hey Quirky - Love what you've shared here and your reasons. I love words too, and agree with you 🙂 Thanks

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion
I like giving my dog belly rubs, and he flops over onto his back and puts his paws up and just looks equal parts cute and silly. We've also started doing a thing where i'll put my head on the pillow he's sleeping on, and he'll move his head to rest it on my neck under my chin. It's super sweet, until his whiskers get too ticklish!

Hey Katy.

Hmm not much, I struggle finding things I like.

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Tay - sorry to hear that mate.

James - aren't dogs amazing?! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Dogs are amazing, we have a rescue poodle who came to us with major anxiety a few years ago and he's slowly getting over it.

I love it when he sees me, he makes an "I love you" noise lol different to his other sounds and I give him huge rubs on his back.
So does my daughter's rescue Border Collie. My d can say "Come on we're going out in the car" and she won't move.... then when she says "We're going to Nana's house, she jumps up and is in the car in a flash!" Lol.

I love TREES.
I love looking at them.
Sitting underneath them.
Looking at their leaves.
Hugging and rubbing their cool trunks.
Chopping off their branches when I need to lol!

I LOVE the beach too.
I also love NEW SHOES!

EMxxxx

All good, it's just hard for me with my depression. I barely leave the house and get really anxious around people, I barely have social skills believe it or not. But thanks Katy.

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

EM - your post made me giggle (always a welcome thing!). I, too, love trees, and new shoes are pretty great ❤️

Tay - I think your social skills are pretty great, as I've seen your posts on the forums. Do you like hugs? If you do, here's one from the west coast xo