FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

By this time next year I plan to...

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all,

This thread has been inspired by the program 'This time next year', a TV show where people pledge to work on changing something in their lives within the space of a year. It could be anything, overcome a fear, lose weight, learn a new skill, overcome illness, get fit, anything at all. It doesn't matter how big or small it is, just something that's important to you. Hopefully, this time next year, we can look back and reflect on what we have achieved, with updates along the way.

So I will kick it off;

By this time next year...

I would like to be back working or doing something with my life to feel more independent and better about myself.

CMF x

55 Replies 55

kanga_brumby
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Great start CMF quite an achievable goal, What I am aiming for is a new job carrier path change. loosing weight getting my house back.

Nellym
Community Member

Good job CMF,

Will have to have a little think about what goal/s I'll set. My psychologist would like this thread!!

Guest_5218
Community Member

Hi CMF. Yes I too have seen that TV program a few times. Very inspiring stuff I must say. I like your goals, and will try to keep them in mind, and even give you a little reminder every now and then if I feel you need it. (-:

Hard one to determine what my 12 month plan is, especially given I dont know much about tomorrow yet, much less next year. (-:

However, given that I'm currently really struggling after my PTSD symptoms were triggered unexpectedly early this week, I would say that by this time next year I will find ways of not being so severely reactive to triggers.

In which case I need to get back to discuss all this my psych. Sigh. Maybe that should be another goal for me? Yes, lets make it so. By this time next year I will not continually put off seeing my GP and/or psych when I know I need some additional support.

I hope I havent aimed too high and thus put additional pressure on myself to achieve. I'm really interested to read of everyone else's goals, so please keep them coming.

Sherie xx

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Good start everyone and very achievable goals. One thing to point out, if we don't reach these goals it's ok too but I think putting it out there and being supported makes us more determined.

CMF x

Guest_3712
Community Member

Hey CMF

Way to go friend- this will be huge !

Ok This time next year, I will be well on my way to making a new life- not sure who that will include but it will be what's best for me.

cheers

stressless

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

You go for it SL.

You know what i like about that '... it will be what's best for me.'

Perfect!

cmf x

'

Jackson1994
Community Member
This time next year I will be playing AFL

slippery_slope
Community Member

x 2 CMF

I struggle with goal setting, I associate it with high pressure.

But I'm determined.

Weird huh 🙂

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Way to go Jackson. I may have to start following footy again.

Hey Slippery Slope, no pressure here at all but love your determination. Start small whenever you're ready, we'll be here to support you.

cmf