FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Busy mind

Nefro
Community Member

Hi there,I went to my doctor yesterday and got told that I am going through menopause,my blood pressure is really high so I am blood pressure medication and they want to do a mental health assessment during the week to check whether I am depressed due to some underlying issues.as in my previous discussions I did mention my mind was always busy and I am anxious and panic about things that are yet to come..the doctors delivery of the news to me on the weekend was so gloomy,like,it was really,really bad.arent doctors supposed to make you feel better.of course they give you bas news but they should also make you feel like,yes,this is bad but we will help you fix it.it may not happen over night but we will get there eventually??thank goodness he is not my family doctor.any advise on what I should do?

10 Replies 10

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Nefro, I’m so glad you had a positive experience with the GP today. That’s wonderful to hear 😊 He sounds like a supportive, caring and reassuring doctor and it’s great knowing you have that support. Yes, it helps so much knowing why we are feeling off balance. I remember it really helped me when I realised hormone levels were playing a role and then testing confirmed it. It then makes sense. Have a lovely weekend!