FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I'm Straight But I scared that I'm slowly turning bi

R_E_M_H_F
Community Member

I have always liked boys and still do, but I'm getting random unwanted thoughts about my sexuality. For example one day I was talking to my best friend (girl) and thought "what if I kissed her right now". The thought was so scary I had never thought anything like this before it was 'disgusting' to me. As I thought about it more the idea became less 'disgusting' but still not something I was interested in. As the week went on a began to think that this meant something. Was I Bi? I cried over this for days and nights I started obsessing over it, I kept forcing myself to make this thought to happen so that I knew things hadn't changed. But every time I Had the thought the idea became more tolerable.

I'm now so scared that this means I am turning bi. I thought about why it sounds so bad to me and I have decided that it is because being bi wouldn't be me! I thought that was a good enough reason but these random thoughts are not stopping. I just want to go back to when I was obsessing over boys without question that I'm lying to myself. I really miss those feelings.

11 Replies 11

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello REMHF and all 😊,

You have had some good advice here.

I just would like to encourage you to not be too hard on yourself about labels .. just explore your feelings and see what happens?

You say you wish the time would return where you were just obsessing over boys ... it could well return, and that will be fine ... but it also may not. And if it doesn't, that's going to be absolutely fine as well. I can understand the feelings you're having, and I can assure you even if it turns out you identify as bi, or straight or lesbian, things will be ok, even if there are hassles along the way.

There are loads of awesome people here and offline who will help to support you no matter where you feel you're at ...

strength and peace to you,

🌻birdy

Sophie_M
Hi Everyone,

We're posting to let you know that we are aware of the confusion that occurred in this conversation. We're glad to see that it came to a resolution, and that we're all getting back to helping R.E.M.H.F. Some great advice appears to have been shared.

So, rather than remove or edit posts in this thread, we're hoping that this thread can provide a great example for everyone about assuming a persons gender when it isn't explicitly stated, and how to clear up confusions without conflict.