FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How do I deal with transphobic parents?

Kat_Kai1067
Community Member
I came out to them a couple of months ago. At first, I thought they accepted me but then it got downhill from there. They started calling me a mistake. They said I was born a girl not a boy so stop this nonsense. They said that it's probably a trend but it's not. Please help.
5 Replies 5

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion
Hi, welcome

If I could make a comparison, since diagnosed with bipolar and other stuff there was a number of people that believed it was silly. "Snap out of it" they'd say.

In the end I had 2 chouces- remove them from my life or distance myself and maintain a relationship.

In your case two comments I have-

1/ well done in coming out. Be proud of yourself that you have found the courage. It's your life.
2/ it must be very difficult for others particularly your parents to accept. A couple of months is not long enough. Up to 10 years is realistic. Be patient. Keep your relationship stable by sticking to other topics.

It would be great to have your parents support. But, we can't always have what we want.

Continue on your chosen course and smile.

TonyWK

amberlite
Community Member
Buddy it sounds like your at the beginning of something great, so please only focus on you and how you want to live, your parents will arrive, whenever. All you need is to focus on your goals and keep moving forward. There are many forums that discuss similar topics. I feel fake trying to identify with transgender . But I was once a young person and I used to care to much about others opinions. Don't make my mistake and never let others negativity weigh you down.

Thanks, i wont let my parents stop me from wanting to be a boy.

That's is so cool, keep doing what makes your heart sing, cause your amazing.

You do you Kat_Kai1067

No one can possibly understand you as much as yourself, so you gotta keep pushing on!