FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Dating

angie0706
Community Member

I have never had a girlfriend I have never done anything with a girl and I feel like I never will I don’t know what’s wrong with me, I don’t know if it’s because I am overweight and not attractive. I feel like I will be single forever and not find love. 

5 Replies 5

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

Gone are the old fashioned ways of meeting a partner, dancing, disco's, nightclubs. Now it's mainly online. My daughter met her husband online, a great marriage at that. The beauty of online is that you eliminate all those that are certainly not suitable, have zero in common, live too far away or lifestyle is too different.

The other way is through hobbies, sports (even barracking for a footy team and become a member) or believe it or not go and purchase the cutest little fluffy dog!! They attract people all the time. 

The error many fall into is thinking there is something wrong with them. No... it is the limit of opportunities to connect. There is someone out there thinking the same.

TonyWK

Thanks for your post I’m just so use to thinking it’s me every time I put myself out there nothing happens 

Trans22
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Never give up on the possibility that a girlfriend, possibly even your soulmate, will find you.
I have never initiated (anything) with a woman - didn't understand why until recently.  I was 36 when a woman finally started initiating with me.  Our relationship broke and at the age of 42, another woman started initiating with me - she turned out to be my soulmate.  We've been together over 10 years and not a single argument or fight.  If thinks can work out for someone like me, I'm sure they can work out for you.
Finally, remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  It's even possible for a person's view of themselves to change.

Orangeicy
Community Member

Had you asked me when I was in my mid 20s I would have told you I would never find anybody. I was battling anxiety and carrying with me a load of skeletons from my childhood making me so insecure.

I hated going out to parties and discos. Too many people and way too loud and everyone seemingly loving it..all but me.

At complete random I met my husband online. Not a dating site or anythinf. It started off as just a chat, but 2yrs down the line we decided to meet in person and another 2 years we were married.

I think my point is this. The more you seek it the more you focus and get frustrated when it doesn't happen.

I know you desire finding a partner more than anything. And I get it. I really do.

But maybe if you focus on you first. Do something that makes you really happy and content and the contentment and happiness will make you shine and just maybe someone will see you and see that person they've been looking for all along.

Sending love 

EverythingsOK
Community Member

it's over