FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Why

Community Member
I'm new and the past 12 months have been well not kind, my wife devorced me I can not hold a job longer the 3 mouth's before I have a breakdown, and recently I have started dumping/ saying to family and friends don't contact me and delete any contact info they have on me. I cry for no reason just out of the blue and find the only way I'm coming is drinking in the afternoon and then going to sleep only to wake up at 3am and starting the whole day the same, I don't know what I want out of this Forum or if it may help I just don't know.
23 Replies 23

Community Member
All I want is my dog to be looked after

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello 1967, remember no one can look after your dog the same way you do.

Geoff.

Guest9337
Community Member

1967, What canine do you own?

I have two beagle crosses, one a whippet X, the other a cavalier X.

Guest9337
Community Member

Right then, lets make a plan. All 1967 wants is their dog looked after.

Please describe in detail to us your dog. The more we know about the dog the better we can advise...

What's your dogs favourite foods? = buy them all! Make the dog feel like its christmas morning.

What's your dogs lead condition in? = sentimentally good, or in need of a new flash one?

When did your dog last get a vet check up? Book one maybe.

When did your dog last have a bath and a groom? Do it yourself, or book one from a well respected pro.

When did your dog last meet other dogs? Doggy play dates!

How close is your local dog park and what does your dog do when there?

Is your dog warm enough this winter, blanket on bed, doggy overcoat, that kind of thing?

Ya with me mate, we can work with that...

dng

JimmyT46
Community Member

Hey 1967,

I know it's not what your after I didn't mean to be flippant.

My ex cheated on me about 6 months ago and I turn into a blubbering mess all the time.

I still have to live in the same house because of Covid and it drives me crackers.

I have 3 kids whom I'm now faced with not seeing all the time, which is deeply crushing.

I guess my point is, your not alone in these feelings and jokes sometimes don't help. My friends told jokes at work today on Messenger and I told them I wouldn't talk to them for the rest of the day. Even now I know that was dumb they didn't do anything wrong. That's my fault because I can feel myself cutting people out of my life because I want to brood in my unhappiness to make it feel more real, it's almost like if I don't brood, it makes it easier for her to move on, so I've gotta try and make her feel guilty for what she's done.

And as I write this I realise that is just pushing her away further, and I'm even unhappier and more alone.

Being alone sucks and brooding over what is lost isn't helping me, I hope you can see what I'm saying here.

I think 1967 you need as many other people in your life as possible... they're not always going to offer the salvation you desire but over time other people will help you find yourself.

It's slowly becoming clear to me that I need to find my identity outside of my relationship and find me, there must be a fun interesting version of me in there somewhere. I'm an Engineer so I'm not sure, but jokes aside, 1967 ur an important person and I'm sure you have a lot to contribute, you need to realise that and it'll need to come from you.

Go out and volunteer, the RSPCA are always looking for help and you get to hang with animals the whole time you are there. Let's face it animals are better than humans 🙂

I hope this message finds you in good spirits 1967... and best of luck.

Community Member
Lab X German Shepherd best friend I have

Community Member
I started back on medication and stopped drinking as of 3 days ago to try and sort thing's out, it's not easy and the feeling is not great, but I will give it a go. Thanks for the kind words

Guest9337
Community Member
How often do ya walk the dog 1967? Great to hear you're off the plonk, good job.

JimmyT46
Community Member

Great stuff 1967, wow I'd love a lab and a German shepherd... my mum has had a few german shepherds in her life...they r just the best.

How good is he/she at fetching stuff? I've never been able to get my dog to fetch anything properly.

Good work with the meds, day at a time.

Guest9337
Community Member
Afternoon 1967, my dog buffy says "woof" to your german x lab. How's today passing by? love dng.