FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

The hard road

Monkey444
Community Member

Hi everyone
I’m fairly exhausted from circumstances of my life. I’ve been ghosted by many friends and lost a few jobs, well have left a few jobs. One due to unpleasant coworker and boss, the other was very physically demanding and well it was retail with sales, targets to be met and when random customer surveys were sub-par the boss gave us an earful. Now I’m in the midst of looking for new work but feel so despairing. I thought by my early 30s I would have things a bit more together but I don’t. My resume had a big gap from before covid and after leaving these I feel more anxious. Not having friends from not doing much just feeds into the low mood. I have seen professional therapists but that is such a long process I eventually gave up.
Thanks
3 Replies 3

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Monkey444 and welcome to the forums and this is a great place to get advice.

It seems ghosting is really common these days and easy fir people to do with the ease of just ignoring a msg and blocking someone.It does hurt when this does happen and can be real hard thing to deal with.This has happen to me and others on here so you are not alone.

I  here if you want to chat.

Take care,

Mark.

Thank you for your reply. Getting over ghosting is stressful and saddening for sure.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Monkey444 I can feel how despairing it must be looking for work.It certainly does effect our mental well-being especially when we expected things to be different for us at a particular age.

I wonder what things you really enjoy in life and if you still getting enjoyment out of these things?Finding enjoyment for yourself can be a huge step for us.Just a little thing can make a big difference.

Take care,

Mark.