FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

The End of a Relationship: How Do I Cope?

mezzaduck97
Community Member

Hi everyone. This is a first for me, so thank you for taking the time to read this x

My boyfriend of 9 months broke up with me 2 weeks ago in a really cruel way and it is really affecting. I moved back to uni about 5 weeks ago, after having seen him that weekend. Everything was fine and we were so happy. Then he started working more and talking to me less, which was understandable. Then he just cut off all contact with me. Ignored all my calls and messages. I was so worried that maybe I had done something wrong, or that something bad might have happened to him. So after 3 weeks of no communication, he sends me a message saying he is no longer 100% committed to me anymore and never wanted a relationship with me. I was heartbroken. I made him call me so we could talk about it, and we both cried. He said he was sorry and that he didn't want to cut me out of his life. I was way too upset to say anything, so he promised we would meet up at the end of the week when I came back home for holidays. After that he never spoke to me again. Unlike his word, he had completely cut me out of his life.

I am so heartbroken and I have never felt this way in all my life. I am so hopelessly in love with him and am unable to comprehend what happened between us. I have no closure which makes everything worse. My personal life is also suffering. I haven't slept properly in weeks, my mind racing about him whenever I close my eyes. I can;t stand being in large groups of people now, and I don't to spend time with friends, but at the same time I don't want to be alone. I think about him every second of the day, and I feel numb to the rest of my life. I have cried more in the last couple weeks than I have since I was an infant.

So what I want to know is how do I move on? How can I stop myself sinking into this deep dark hole of sadness all the time? I am concerned that this may affect my relationships and schooling. Please help if you can x

11 Replies 11

Hi, I'm so sorry you are feeling sad but you are definitely not alone!! I too feel like I will never find "the one" but hang in there... you are truly brave to reach out for the help and support you need, things will get better x

Hi im feeling you exactly. My bf just broke up with me after 10 months. The relationship was the same..emotionally driven by him. I was wary at first as i had been burnt before but you relax when they are so open with their feelings. Thought he was the one. Has gone back to a gf from high school. This happened over 2 weeks..how is that even possible?? I have never been so hurt and don't know where to start with getting over it