FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Seperation

Lachy21savage
Community Member
So there's a person in my life who I just get super upset when I can't be around them. They live far away and are kind of like a father figure in a way. I get this feeling of hollowness and deep sadness the days after I leave their presence. recently it has gotten worse as I felt kind of physically sick e.g. Loss of appetite. I don't know whether this is just an intense love (not relationship/ sexual but a companionship way) and I that I cannot deal with the fact that I can't be around them. Has anybody had a similar experience?
10 Replies 10

hey! 🙂

it really is the worst experience... I know 😕 but like you said the one thing that also keeps you going is that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, its hard but we go through certain situations to make us stronger as people, these things we experience shape us and mould us for the future. its difficult at the time, but amongst it all you just have to hold onto that hope, because without the darkness the light wouldn't be able to shine. cliché yes, but its true, and that's the one thing I have learnt through everything.

the pain can be unbearable, I know because I'm dealing with it now, being away from this person I hate it, I just want to feel connected to them all the time.

maybe we do have a lot in common in the way we feel, and just know you can reach out and reply back to me whenever you feel. because talking about it can really help ease the pain too from the separation.

maybe you should try talking to this male figure about how you feel?