FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Need help please

Bennyh916
Community Member

Hey guys,

i was just wondering if anyone is able to help me try to understand why I am the way I am with my girlfriend.

i have treated her like she wasn’t good enough, made her feel unwanted, lied to her, hid things from her, over reacted and got angry with her questioning my lies to try to cover myself, I’ve pushedbher to breaking point and i know this is not who I wanted to be and I know I can change.

I know I don’t like the person I am and I need to change for the better and I will do anything it takes to make sure that I’m not a selfish person who only thinks of myself and be everything she needs, wants and desires

i love her so much but I feel like I’ve pushed her to noting breaking point and know she will leave me and never come back.

I know I can be a better man for her and not make these mistakes again

I cant keep doing these things and I don’t have anyone I can turn to to listen, Ive pushed away anyone who was close to me lost all my friends and I’m lost.

I just can’t keep living like this guys. Please help me and any and all advice is taken seriously

thanks heaps

Ben

12 Replies 12

Hi Ben welcome I am also New on here as of today I do know you can now get therapy over the internet i skype with mine once a week I set it up with my gp cos I couldn’t get time off work to

go during the week so when I get home

in the afternoon I skype with mine

Hey Frankly,

this is something that is so hard for me to speak out and get advice and help from anyone,

i have had a blunt and honest conversation with my girlfriend. We both have aired everything out on the table and didn’t hold back when speaking, this was one of the hardest things I have had to go through with her but one of the most fulfilling moments too.

i want this relationship to continue and I know that I need to make drastic changes to do so, this amazing woman means the world to me and there is nothing I wouldn’t do for her. I have told her this but she understandably doesn’t believe a word that I say right now because of all my lies that I told.

i do believe in my heart that she does still want the relationship.

I feel the best thing I can do is put the future of our relationship in her hands and hope and pray for the best, knowing what I will do for her and the changes I’m going to make I will right every single one of my wrong doings.

this has been the best thing I have done, I never thought that anybody would reply to me or even give me advide or support. This warms my heart to know that complete strangers are willing and able to take time out of their day to try to help someone they don’t know.

i am forever indebted to anyone who has helped me and I can’t say thank you enough to everyone.

i will keep everyone posted on the progress of this situation and I pray that everything can work out for my girlfriend and I, I love her with every part of my soul and she is the woman I plan on marrying.

thank you for everything guys and I’ll keep you all posted in a few days with all progression

Ben

Mia001
Community Member

Hi Ben,

I’m so pleased that you had such an honest conversation with your girlfriend. Yeah, it’s understandable that she doesn’t trust you, but if you are both willing to put everything into this relationship, her trust will build over time.

I’m so happy that for all the support you’ve received. I too think the people here are amazing!

All the best,

Mia