FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I'm feeling very lost and fragile today

damian_s
Community Member

I'm feeling very lost and fragile today, and so have joined in the hope for some distraction whilst at work.

I was originally diagnosed with depression but that soon became Bi-polar. My long term partner came home one day, and told me she didn't want to have children with someone like me, so she left. It took me many years to get over that, suicide attempts, time in hospital and ofcourse meds. I've been really good for several years, but I've relapsed after seeing her wedding photos. I am so furious at her, angry with myself, I'm just keeping it together.

1 Reply 1

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Damian,

I just wanted to say hello, welcome, and I'm really sorry to hear about your situation.

I don't feel like I'm the right person to give you any advice as I've not been through the same thing, but I've been suffering from depression and I also find it really hard at work (I'm at work now!).

I know people always say this and it doesn't make it any easier, but it might be a good idea to cut ties with your ex-partner. From what you've said, it sounds like there are too many memories there, both good and bad, to hold onto.

Anyway, I just really wanted to let you know that people are listening in this really difficult time for you. It is so difficult sometimes to admit that we're lost and alone because people just expect us, as "adults", to keep it together when we just feel ready to shatter any moment.

If you'd like to share more with us, please feel free to do so here.

My best wishes

James