FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I just feel so lonely!! ☹

Olivia1
Community Member

Hi all! I hope you are all doing well!

I am a 17 year girl who has high functioning Asperger's. And I feel so socially isolated and invisible. At my school I struggle to connect with anyone and I am afraid that that's because I am a boring, basic nobody. I only have 1 good friend who I hang out with and without her I have nobody. I feel bad because she is really popular and I feel like I rely on her way to much and I feel like i'm holding her back socially. Then when I started working I still made no friends. I just feel like no matter where I go I will be always lonely, which is a scary thought because I don't want to be lonely as an adult.

I just wish I knew how to make new friends. It seems to come so easily to some people and it's close to impossible for me. I try and get out there but it is really hard considering how socially awkward I am and extremely shy. I also seem to have anything interesting to say.

I don't really know how to end this well so.. have a good day and thanks for reading. ❤️

10 Replies 10

Thank you so much for that amazing reply!! And thank you for opening up to me!! I will try joining some groups or something so that I can join with people that are like me. And hopefully, like you, after high school I find the people that I can easily get along with. 🙂