FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How can I forget your love?

Girl_Anachronism
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I lost  a seven year relationship, six months ago. 

How do you move on? How do you keep going everyday, knowing you don't want them, you don't want anyone new, but you can't stand to be lonely?

When does this gaping hole in my chest stop hurting? 

How do you be lonely and accept that loneliness, accept yourself?

GA

10 Replies 10

Zygote
Community Member

I separate from my wife in 2007 and shortly after met a girl that I fell hopelessly in love with. @ 35 years of age it was the first time in a lot of relationships that I'd actually fell in true love, if it was true love I guess.

Anyway after we broke up the last time (she was a serial cheater lol), it took 6 months to a year to get thoughts of her out of my head.  Like you I was driving past places we'd been, kissed, etc etc and each time it burned holes in my heart just like it does you. Eventually though the feelings diminished until I could drive past those places or have thoughts of her without feeling horrible. 

About 2 years later I accidentally met her in a shopping centre and said hello and then left, I was extremely depressed for the next few days, but it went away quickly and now while I'm still in love with her, I can live life without her dominating my thoughts every day.  So be strong and hopefully pain will fade 🙂