FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

heartbroken post breakup

sistersister
Community Member

Hi everyone! I'm new here and have just recently broken up with my partner of 2 years the past Sunday.

My partner had moved overseas 7 months ago and we where "having ago" at a long distance relationship. I went to visit him earlier this month for a couple of weeks, The moment I arrived I felt very out of place with him and that I no longer fitted into his life there. I was hoping that we would discuss my moving over to be with him there but it went the opposite way.

Upon my return home all I have done this week is cry and sleep. I know in time I will feel better but I just feel so heartbroken and alone and I am having trouble being able to move past that. All I have done the past 5 days is sleep because it's the only time I don't cry.

11 Replies 11

dear Melanie, you have to take small steps and not jump into the fire as they say, walk to the letter box to start with, and when you more comfortable then walk a little further and then go back to your comfort zone, this will enable you to feel better.

dear Dizzy, the 'what if's and the 'what if's' and the 'why's and what for's' are thoughts people often have, and those not suffering from any pain and/or separation can cope with these thoughts, however those that are still suffering they are just the beginning to keep you feeling down, and as hard as it is stop thinking them, try and think about something you love, no matter hard it is for you to do this. Geoff. x

Hi Dizzy & Geoff,

Thank you both for your kind words and ears to listen, I think talking about it with everyone on the fourum has helped.

I have accepted that this will take time and some days will be better than others and am trying not to be too hard on myself.

Thank you to everyone, I cannot express how much it has made a difference for me!

Melanie