FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling misunderstood

Zoe_L
Community Member
Hi everyone my name is Zoe and I feel a bit misunderstood by my family like whenever I have difficult things going on in my life I feel like I can't talk to anyone in my family about it as they usually just try and tell me that they get what I'm feeling and we sometimes have arguments that make me feel quite sad and alone at times. Has anyone else had the same feeling and am I crazy for having these emotions. Btw I am new.
10 Replies 10

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Zoe, what we tell our doctor and/or psychologist are private matters, nothing that we would ever want to tell our parents or anyone else, that's why I was seeing my psychologist for so long, I would talk about something that I didn't want anyone else to know, because if they did then that's where an argument may start and only make the situation worse.

You need confidence and strength before you can talk with your parents but even then you may not want to tell them something that you have with your doctor/psychologist. Geoff.