FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Alienating people closest to me

HelloMyNameIsDale
Community Member
I am feeling more and more distant from people who used to be my closest people. I am growing cynical of them and trust that but it's also super harmful for these friends and family. I know they arent kind people but it is scary to lose them and I am the one initiating the questioning of relationship and it's been going to shit and I'm feeling like now I have no one..
can I be comfortable with being around unkind and non supportive people? I know this is a better solution rather than cutting them out. Please help
10 Replies 10

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hi HelloMyNameIsDale, welcome.

I'm sorry to hear about all of that. It sounds like they're toxic to you, and that's not good for your mental and physical health. I understand it's hard and easier said than done, these people may be close to you and so forth, but it sounds like you're better off without them. I've done this myself and missed a few people who cut me off and vice versa but then I realised that they were toxic or maybe something i did unintentionally was, and it was for the best.

Good luck. We're here for you.