FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Afraid, anxious and shocked by his behaviour

cleo1988
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello,

I'll do my best to keep this brief.

I ended a relationship with a man (34 Yo) about a month ago, we were together about 5 months - so not that long. I asked for space and said I didn't want to communicate for at least a month. He has been texting me which i've tried to ignore (i feel bad by ignoring his tests or anyones for that matter). I ended our relationship because I felt he was very draining - he has a history of drug addiction, ADHD and some other very intense traumatic experiences. I was tired and needed to put myself first.

He's told me today in a message that he is moving to where i work, literally 500m down the road. I am so shocked and frightened by his behaviour in doing this. I am afraid that he will come to my work and look for my car etc.

He used to say "if you leave me I'll find you" and I always felt this was a joke, but i'm frightened. And anxious. I know I'll be anxious when I am at work - and be on the lookout for him.

I haven't replied and I don't know what to do. He constantly says he misses me, wants to see me and thinks of me all the time.

I need help, I feel pretty isolated and I'd love a nice man and relationship, but this is shocking to me. I have lost hope -

11 Replies 11

Hi Cleo,

please don’t blame yourself for not seeing the signs. Abusive people are very good at covering up their Avid reader personalities & imo get better at it the older they get. I was with an abusive narcissist for over 12 years He was extremely good at hiding who he really was from everyone & I only realised just how abusive he is a couple of years ago. Even then I didn’t want to believe it. He fooled everyone. And yes I will have trust issues with men for the rest of my life. But I believe there are good men out there. Good job on blocking him. Don’t forgot to block him on social media as well. Going No contact will help.

I feel like I am falling apart, all i want to do is cry and hide. I feel like a bit of a shell and there is no hope for me.

I realise his true self now, and I don't like it. I do blame myself for not seeing it now. And now he is moving closer to me!!

I feel like too I will have the same issues - i will not want anyone to come near me at all and I don't want to heal and pull myself together again, I am not sure I have the strength. I have been hurt by all men I have ever been (none have cheated) but there is a pattern. I don't see much hope for me in that department and feel i'll be destined to be alone forever. I am just so sad.

I am sorry to hear about your experience, you must have much strength.