FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Ethnic dad with anger issues

Sophia16
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi guys,

I'm just really annoyed at my dad. He doesn't respect my mother, who has given him everything. She is the only one that works in the household since my dad has a broken leg. She pays for everything, she cooks and she cleans. My dad doesn't appreciate anything she does. and to top it off, he treats her parents with no respect.

He stresses my mum out. I asked my mum to divorce him but she said no because he has good qualities about him. He literally emotionally abuses me, my sister and my mum.

I seriously don't know what to do. I am not allowed to move out until I'm married. Everything is just hard.

21 Replies 21

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

I suspect you know this serenity prayer and variations there of... knowing what you can control and that which you cannot and the wisdom to discern the difference.

perhaps at this moment you all you can do is your best for your mum and for yourself.

look forward to the wedding?

at the same time I wonder if the actions of your father are typical from where you/he comes from? And if not, is there anyone you can talk about your situation. Any maybe, just maybe, someone could give some advice so your family can all move forward?

wow thank you, that is such an amazing story. I really do hope I become a good parent. You have inspired me to become a great one.