FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Pregnancy Loss

Layla_Maree
Community Member

I've misscariaged twice now, I grieve over the loss more than I expected. The second time around wasn't any easier. I feel anger, guilt, spite, jealousy, relief over and over again. I can't pick or decide on exactly how I feel which is exhausting. I'm finding it hard to hear and digest "it's so common" " at least you know you can fall pregnant" although those saying it mean well. I also said goodbye to my dog of 14 years late last year. I didn't get to grieve for him like I would've preferred as I knew I was pregnant at the time and didn't want to stress myself out too much. Now the pregnancy is over I'm grieving for him too. =(

5 Replies 5

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

LaylaMaree

I am sorry for your pregnancy loss and the loss of your dog. You have so much loss to deal with. A loved one had 2 miscarriages and found pink elephants a good support resource .

pinkelephants.org.au

I am listening to you so feel to post here when you want.

Sophie_M
Hi Layla Maree,

We are sorry to hear about your miscarriages and that your feeling so many different emotions right now. We understand this must be so exhausting. We can hear that so much is going on in your life right now, with the loss of your dog and having to deal with so many opinions of people trying to offer support. It all sounds so very overwhelming, so please know that you never have to go through this alone, and support is always here for you.

If you would like to talk to someone, the Beyond Blue Support Service is available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals.

We would recommend that you get in touch with an organisation called Relationships Australia on 1300 364 277 who provide relationship support services for individuals, families and communities.

We hope that you will find some comfort here on the forums. Please feel free to keep reaching out here on your thread whenever you feel up to it.

Midnight01
Community Member

Hi Layla,

I know how you feel to lose your baby, I had mine in my belly for 7 months and only got to hold her once properly. She was in this world for 4 days before me and my partner had to make the hardest decision of letting her go.

See because the doctors took too long stuffing around trying to get air into her lungs she became brain dead, and because of them I didn’t have the chance to be with her watch her grow up and become this blossoming young lady I always dreamed about. I also helped a friend who went through a miscarriage and that was also hard for both of us.

I wish I could bring her back but unfortunately it doesn’t work like that.

Praying and being optimistic for the future can help with healing, but know they are always in your heart and you will forever love them.

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello

Im so sorry for the loss of your mate, and those two little lives, full of hopes and dreams. I think it’s normal to experience a range of emotions after a loss. Two years since my mc and I still feel all of those, whether people think I should or shouldn’t, it’s irrelevant right? You feel how you feel, for as long as you need to feel.

Do you have anyone you can talk to about your feelings? We’re good listeners here, and there’s plenty of dog lovers too if you feel like sharing anything about your buddy.

Kind thoughts, Katy

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Layla Maree,

Im so sorry for your loss I understand it’s so difficult to deal with.

I hope that in the future you will welcome a child.

If you are finding that your feelings are overwhelming to deal with please have a chat to your gp, you could do a mental health plan together this will enable you to see a psychologist.